Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

Ha, thanks guys. It looks nice from above but you'll notice I didn't photograph the underside :) I forgot to make a note of the change in resistor values so ended up with 5.25v. Martin, sorry to keep asking dumb questions but do I just swap in one red LED to get 5v and keep the 220ohm, or do I change the resistor value as well? Thanks for all your help getting me past the reg barrier! I know this won't be as quiet as an SPower, etc., but it's a perfect little entry level project and so cheap I could do one to supply all the ICs without incurring risk of divorce... ;-)

So, you need to amend your signature a bit !!

Plenty of time for doing the mods but, I guess, no money now.
The usual story.

Reminds me of the first time I went out on my new bike (years ago in the mist of time).
I sort of slid of the road going round a slight bend in the wet and landed upright in a friends hedge.
Kawasaki fitted Yokahama hard tyres in the '70s.
A change to Dunlops transformed the handling!!

Good Luck and get well soon.

Andy

So, you need to amend your signature a bit !!

Plenty of time for doing the mods but, I guess, no money now.
The usual story.

Reminds me of the first time I went out on my new bike (years ago in the mist of time).
I sort of slid of the road going round a slight bend in the wet and landed upright in a friends hedge.
Kawasaki fitted Yokahama hard tyres in the '70s.
A change to Dunlops transformed the handling!!

Good Luck and get well soon.

Andy

Same ankle i did few yrs back, money not an an issue more time i can handle:D fair play to stafford hospital tho .
will i ever grow up 55 behavin likw a kid lmao

Last edited:
I fixed my amp, so I'm back up and running. As recommended, I replaced C813 with a 22,000uF Mundorf AG MLSI last night and bass seems more capable. I have a matched pair ready to put by PSU. I'm pleased with the little regulator I built but not attempted to fit it yet (btw voltage still measures steady 5.2v with red LEDs subbed in).

It seems like a normal one and appears dimmer than the green, but I got it out of an assorted pack so I suppose it's possible. The voltage went from 5.25v with green to 5.2v with red.

I disabled my headphone socket this evening and fitted the Mundorf 22,000uF smoothers. I made a nearly very expensive mistake putting it back together and scared myself, so taking a few nights off :)

After a teeny bit of arm twisting and suitable groveling, our founder (Ray) agreed to take my 67' under his wing, and at my request installed the CFP mod to his DOS and build me the Flea clock. He also the player a thorough check-up and applied what tweaks he felt were necissary. The result is of course to push it up several notches. Now there is true bass and more transparency, precision (timing) and a greater sense of musicality and ease.
Thanks Ray, you're the best:)

It seems like a normal one and appears dimmer than the green, but I got it out of an assorted pack so I suppose it's possible. The voltage went from 5.25v with green to 5.2v with red.
Just don't worry about it Ben. The absolute DC voltage has no bearing on the reg's dynamic performance (- which is the important bit!), and 5.2v is well within the accepatable tolerance for any 5v part.

Note the actual DC output voltage will drop a tad (50mV or so) anyway when in the case, closed up and run warmer.

I was contacted recently by a French guy from this forum/thread (you know who you are!) who lives quite near to me so in the near future we will get together and swap tales (rather than tails) and I will bring my 67' from him to hear. I'm a bit starved for new audio input, seeing as I live in an audio desert. I hope he wouldn't feed my disease...local produce will do fine.:wave2:
Ray I just noticed your flag is upside down...

More than merited! Everyone who has heard is mighty pleased.

Cool! :cool:

The CFP-mod gives the DOS an extra boost, that's for sure. I will develop a new board for it in the future. But The Flea will also contribute to the increase in resolution and more detailed soundstage. Alltogether, I think your player got a nice upgrade.

Maybe if i'm in the neighbourhood sometime on vacation I will drop by :D

Regards,

Ray