Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

Picked up a cd 75 from a local table top sale for 2 quid tda 1541 lovely old school player bit like an airfix kit tho,nice sound .
many have a mod at that see whats to be had bit basic but hey all good fun .
other halfs going ape ive got 10 cdps round the house.
im becoming an anorak .

Much fuller sound eh? If only you knew what they sounded like modded hehe

Attachments

• FGAS_GeoArctic_15x10cm_web.jpg
    FGAS_GeoArctic_15x10cm_web.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 95
ahha sorry I forgot ;)

Is the helicopter pad for air lifting in new cdps?

Brent

This ship is over 25yrs old and is on its last voyage/contract for our company.
It has been sold to a Russian operator and good luck to them !!
If a helicopter did have the misfortune to land, it would probably go straight through the helideck !

I believe this is called hoarding and is a sign of great psychological disturbance...It will take several life-times to mod all 70+ and it behoves you to offer them to us at cost!

Yes, it is.

and NO, you can't !

The Revoxs and some Marantz/Philips are staying as original.
Some will get modded
And some are destined for sale when I get back, either complete or as spare parts.

Project 1 - top loading CD63 MkII
Project 2 - CD6000 with CDM4 and 4x TDA1541A

Andy

Alan those panasonics are very good vfm

Panasonic 22,000uF 16v

Get 2 and do the C814 as well!!! they are only.

If you really feel like pushing the boat out, get 2 of these for the other rails and replace C803 and C804

Panasonic 22,000uF 25v

You will need to be creative with placement but it'll be time and money well spent if you ask me!

Thinking of upgrading these Caps on the PSU - are the ones above any good or should I spend more - not going to use the analogue RCA ouputs only the digital into external DAC?

Also the servo clock - should I upgrade this on its own or use the clock signal from the newly installed Audiocom Superclock with a divide by 2 circuit?

Cheers

Last edited: