Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

Hi Simon

The sound is slightly different, it sounds a bit more "raw" "real" edge to it.
Listened to Stevie Wonder Superstition sounded as close to vinyl as i have heard on my system, Snow Patrol i have always found a thick heavy sound is slightly less so, now playing St Germain Des Pres Cafe, this recording is various artists some live in jazz clubs some studio and some vinyl DJ again it all sound more "real"
Treble seems a little less harsh quite interesting!

Just checked something...
When no disc is playing i have a lot of interfence when turning the vol up, admittedly beyond normal playing levels but its there.
Better regulation would be my guess?
Ian

Last stupid question of the day i promise and off topic, sorry!

Last night i was reading TNT Put a tiger in your amp.
The article is about rubbish trim pots in amps and re biasing them, it states to check the dc output at the speaker terminals, using 200mv range it should be 0mv.
My dmm is auto ranging so i checked i had 1.6 & 1.2, am i seeing an actual reading or does the decimal point need moving?

Sorry to be such a plank:D

Hi,
is it harmfull to power only few 5Vs on the cdp without the other devices?
(my dedicated 5V TX and its 317 right on the player).
I've no way to check the decoder and others IC power right from the top, need the beast to be upside-down.
I'm exhausted, done nothing, just opened the lid, checked the room for the +/-10, touched the decoder analog reg and powered up the player. Since then it's dead silent even if I've checked all I can, continuity, resoldered some suspicious points... f!
Hope the decoder is not fried...

It could be your laser is getting weak. As it heats up, the emission increases and the problem disappears. It could also be the discmotor is not rotating freely. If the shaft is a bit dirty, it may stick where it enters the motor when it is cold. When the disc starts to rotate, the sticky grease heats up and becomes more liquid.

If you have a scope nearby, you can check the HF signal and see if the amplitude if o.k.
The entry of the motor shaft can be lubricated with a tiny bit of WD40 for example.

A third possibility could be an IC that is rotten :(

Regards,

Ray