Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

I've started something now haven't I?

Lee.

LMAO! no more playing for me until at least Wednesday tho!

I'm gonna try with the op amps and filter stage as they are to start, just hook up the TX in line. I've also got a couple of burson's that i could use as single op amps with the filter stage from the DOS before hitting the TX's, but that'll take a little more effort!

For now I'm just glad I'm making sound again!:D

Is it me or do you only get a small number of posts per page now?????

Glad you got it going Ian
This is my 2nd attempt at modding, but alas No Job No Mod No More:(:(:(:(

I started not knowing how to open the thing:eek::eek:
You guys proved even an idiot can get something from these players, its only lightly modded but its opened my eyes:eek:

All closed up for now.........
Thanks for your help guys... Time to start a wish list lol :worship:

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    579.6 KB · Views: 152
I kept moaning about the player over the 67
That was so easy to get decent(ish) sound from, i took the advice on here and went for the only option available to me.

Although it's no world beater the clock has transformed it, every aspect has become cleaner, more controlled and more detail than the 67.

I will get some 7805s and work them in directly, i think i see a way of seperating the 4 analogue supplies on the dac and to split the servo dig/ana supplies then run a psu for the clock but for now its ok..

Good work Ian(s), lol.

Padman, I see you changed the two ceramics near Q106 for elco's, nice move that. I can't understand why there aren't any there as standard as that chip draws plenty of current.

And yes, this hobby can be very addictive. Nice to see you back here Ricardo, touched the cdp lately?

Cheers, Lee.

Just following the rules of Ray lol

It IS addictive i'm sat here thinking of mods on the cheap lol

10 7805s for £3.90 got 1 blackgate 1 470 za and 1 100 zlh plus numerous chokes
Then there is bypassing the fuses and this..................
Maybe i can use it on the clock???

Attachments

• 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    579.2 KB · Views: 148
Just following the rules of Ray lol

It IS addictive i'm sat here thinking of mods on the cheap lol

10 7805s for £3.90 got 1 blackgate 1 470 za and 1 100 zlh plus numerous chokes
Then there is bypassing the fuses and this..................
Maybe i can use it on the clock???

There's loads of cheap lm317 (similar to Ray Regs) available for just over £3 each on ebay!!!

I got 5 with shottky's and 8200uF FC's on them in my 63 now! lol

If you hook its primary up to the 2 links in the white box (u246 i think) to the keft of you main TX, it'll be switched on and off with the other one. Thats where I hooked all of my primary sides to!

Like Brent already said, its a bit bulky and fairly basic in what it will give you. You'd be better off with a couple of small torroidal tx giving you 4 independant PSU's. As usual, it depends how far you want to go and how much money you want to spend! ;)

I think that is the £3k job with the external 10kg wedding-cake-in-a-hat-box.

The display, chassis and output connectors are all different, and maybe one or two caps but I can't tell - I don't know the CD67 well enough to be sure about it. Pretty obvious it won't have much treble clarity or detail. Those things don't exist just because you put a nice box at either end of the chain.

Simon

Last edited: