Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

Lookin' good so far Simon.

Turns out that the fault was the clock reg, so i'll look at that in the morning. Running with the clock powered by the opamp reg at the moment. I am getting a buzzing through the speakers as soon as I switch the player on. This is a new one on me, so any ideas welcome.

Aside from the buzz, everything seems ok now.

Lee.

transformer va rating

having just read brents mod list, i was just wondering what va rating all of the transformers are?
Also has anyone had experiences with the nichicon muse kz caps i was thinking of using these in my player as opposed to blackgates, any thoughts.
And one last thing is there anywhere i can buy power supply pcbs that are sutible for this project.

thanks
chris

Re: transformer va rating

reddish75 said:
having just read brents mod list, i was just wondering what va rating all of the transformers are?
Also has anyone had experiences with the nichicon muse kz caps i was thinking of using these in my player as opposed to blackgates, any thoughts.
And one last thing is there anywhere i can buy power supply pcbs that are sutible for this project.

thanks
chris

The transformers are all 1.6VA X 2. Therefore some are doubled for 3.2VA. They don't sound very big but are in fact well ontop of the job especially with using so many. I stick with the Nuvotem tx (from RS) as these are very low leakage.

I have not used the Muse KZ so could not comment on the sound they offer.

Not sure on psu to be honest, its probs best if you buy a tx some schottkys and a nice cap and build your own - then feed a nice low noise reg

Brent

Aye, that's why I didn't bother tbh. I thought they might be good for noobs (like me) to build themselves, but looking at the total cost even building it yourself, they're not that cheap.

I think I'll go for the S-Power as soon as funds allow. How do they do in digital circuits? I remember reading somewhere that Superregs are better in analogue circuits.

Lee.

Thomo said:
Aye, that's why I didn't bother tbh. I thought they might be good for noobs (like me) to build themselves, but looking at the total cost even building it yourself, they're not that cheap.

I think I'll go for the S-Power as soon as funds allow. How do they do in digital circuits? I remember reading somewhere that Superregs are better in analogue circuits.

Lee.

Hmm, well I have 2 in my preamp and that gave pleasant gains all-round. I also have one on the DAC analogue rail and that brought a terrific improvement (so much more natural and detailed). I have two on my discrete output stage and that brought things on a lot too (all areas as you can imagine).

I have an Audiocom Super-reg on each of my clocks. These made a huge difference, so I'd say Brent's ones will do at least as much and probably more. The S Power is a better design than the Super reg.

I was wondering where those 2200 fk's were gonna go. How the hell have you fitted those?

I have removed mine from the main pcb and mounted them onto the opamp reg boards.

CD63 is now playing perfectly. It is very smooth with loads of detail, but it doesn't have any where near as much micro-detail as my cd67 had! Quite disappointed really as it has nine extra regs as opposed to only five on the cd67.

I sincerely hope that reclocking the servo will cure this.

Lee.