Marantz CD63 & CD67 mods list

Start with 2.2K and work backwards usually works for me. Every led demands different voltage and current.
If it starts to go off red and orange then the voltage is too high and a larger value resistor will be needed.
I would have thought a red led would have an adverse effect on the laser by adding extra spurious red light into the equation.

Also check the resistor does not over heat.

Brent

marcusdeming said:
with regards to the type of light, i was wondering initially was blue light chosen because of its shorter wavelength, if thats the case would a violet or white light have a even shorter wavelength.

As for the resistors would a 1/4w do fine?

Not sure why but you are meant to use green or blue.

You probably won't hear any difference so make sure it looks nice at least.

rowemeister said:
This is the only pic I have to hand

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I drilled the mech, you have to measure it so that the center point of the led is just below the level of the cd.

For the DAC use RD04 for digital - RD01 for clock voltage and U199 for analogue. Cut U200 too

Brent

very nice, but does it have to be on the mech can i have it at the back of the mech. i am woried about drilling, the lack of tools always screw certain things up

marcusdeming said:
Can someone give me a hand on the calculations to build the ragulators, lm317 and lm337 based

Uout = 1,25V * (1+ R2/R1) + Iadj * R2

whats does the Iadj means?

Hi Marcus,

Iadj is the current flowing in or out the ADJ pin of the regulator. You can safely ignore this last term of the formula, because it is very small compared to the current flowing through the divider R1 and R2, only 50...100uA.

So, Uout = 1,25V * (1+ R2/R1) or R2/R1 = (Uout/1,25)-1

Regards,

Ray

6h5c said:

Hi Marcus,

Iadj is the current flowing in or out the ADJ pin of the regulator. You can safely ignore this last term of the formula, because it is very small compared to the current flowing through the divider R1 and R2, only 50...100uA.

So, Uout = 1,25V * (1+ R2/R1) or R2/R1 = (Uout/1,25)-1

Regards,

Ray

Using that R1 at 121 and r2 1005
I get 11.6v
is that correct?

I am thinking of substituting the value as i cannot get the 1k5 and 121r.