Marantz CD-50 and CD-60, TDA1541, CDM4/19

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Good point UV.
It's a good idea to change absolutely every old cap on machines this age.
It's what I do anyway - along with the rectifier diodes.
Then once your std platform is fresh you start doing the dangerous stuff :eek:
Also, if I find ANY carbon film resistors they go straight in the bin ( replaced of course with good metal films )
Not really sure why I have this obsession particularly :confused:

oops - I did the same on Saturday, fortunately on a PSU that I hadn't connected yet, it really pays to use a consistent colour scheme for your wiring!

It's amazing how much noise and smoke a 100uf cap can produce ;o)

What are you using the 1000uf low esr caps for? I'm only asking as I've got some needing a new home.

Just for extra capacitance for the 3 rails without the 22000uF TSU. I choose the Sanyo's since they were small enough diameter to fit under the PCB.
Soldered the ones that blew on to the pcb, no wires, my head just wasn't in the right place to do anything besides resting and watching mind numbing TV.

I'll lay off all my projects until I'm feeling well enough not to make such obvious mistakes.

My mistake when I soldered while running a fever...
Rubycon_fitted_wrong.jpg

Sanyo_low_esr_1000uF_25V_fitted-1.jpg

These however I got right...
SEPC_270_16_fitted_1.jpg

Opps!!!!

Why have you only done one of the tda rails? There are 3! I tend to use za or zlg on the tda as the analogue and digital areas share the se rails

Are you reffering to the other 2 elcos close to the TDA?
Simply missed it. I've got some more SEPC, aren't they good enough to put there too?

Opps!! That's the word...damn I was pissed at myself for not staying away when I could barely stand up or think straight.

The TPR w PS is done, has been for a while. I just hasn't gotten around to connecting it.

Thought I'd lift the left leg of the resistor and connect +4,73Vdc there (red circle). GND I was thinking of connecting to the gnd-side of the cap(under the pcb), green circle. Thoughts?
TPR_connction_SAA7220.jpg

That's what I did and it worked just fine, I had a solder blob on that ground trace under the 7220 that I used to connect the ground but it was pretty much where your green circle is. There might be a 'better' place to ground the supply but you can always play around with that later on!

Glad you're feeling better!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.