• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Lumin U1 Mini Upgrade power supply

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi. An other little project of mine. I have a very nice Lumi U1 mini music server. The only real difference between the U1 mini and the full U1 is a less fancy case and the use of a little 12V switching power supply instead of a full discrete one into the bigger U1.

So there is an easy way to reach for the full U1 performance, replace the switching power supply... There are a few commercial offering out there, but they are rather expensive. I made my own little version, that fit into an Hammond enclosure. It uses the same LDO voltage regulator as the Lumin external power supply.

My version use a standard rectifier, or like I will do, use a 'perfect Bridge' active rectifier, then a CLC filter, the the LDO 12V regulator. There is provision on the PCB for an external power on switch and front ON led.

The original Lumin SMPS supply is a 12V, 0.7A. Mine will be limited/protected at 12V, 1A.

There is provision on the board to use a small split core transformer from Triad, simply because I had one in stock, but you can always wire an external toroidal transformer if you wish. No need for anything fancy, any 12V/1A transfo will do. The PCB supports dual primaries 115/230V transfo.

Anyway I'll have a few left over pcb from my prototype. If interested they will be 25U$ each + Shipping + 3%Paypal fees.

I'll test my prototype first, then I'll will confirm the parts list and schematic.

Naturally you will be responsible to install your supply with your own Lumin, and I cannot be responsible for any damage you can do in the process. Thanks for your understanding...
SB

Attachments

• PCB.JPG
    PCB.JPG
    80.9 KB · Views: 391
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.