Lovoltech website

Here we hoped for a p-channel power JFET instead the only n-channel power JFET since the seventies disappears. And Toshiba is discontinuing their small signals p-channels as well. What a world. Well, the market decides it seems...
And what the heck. All my music comes via opamps in my CD/SACD/DVDA player anyway. (My LPs and accosiated JFET machinery is stored away.)
:bawling:

R-K Rønningstad said:
Here we hoped for a p-channel power JFET instead the only n-channel power JFET since the seventies disappears. And Toshiba is discontinuing their small signals p-channels as well. What a world. Well, the market decides it seems...
And what the heck. All my music comes via opamps in my CD/SACD/DVDA player anyway. (My LPs and accosiated JFET machinery is stored away.)
:bawling:

Maybe there will be other jfets to take to place of the discontinued versions, but for kicks (and to hedge my bet) I'm playing with tubes--at least they'll be around for awhile. Imagine a tube version of the JfetBOZ...:)

GRollins said:
It's not that they don't support audio, it's that they appear to be backing away from the power JFETs; which were designed for PC power supplies. We were accidental beneficiaries, true, but even the PC makers will be caught if they discontinue the power JFETs.
The deduction is that the power JFETs are not selling well, even to PC manufacturers.

Grey

I wonder why someone would need power JFETs in a PC? What in a PSU can a power JFET do that a power MOSFET can not?
(Maybe they found out just that...)

RK

steenoe said:
Maybe price-efficiency had the last word?
:)
I'm sure it boils down to profits ;) They have to convince the mfg'ers that it's what they need and costs less and occupies less real estate! :D And sell alot of 'em! MOSFETs are the king now, mostly in Sync-Buck switchers down to 1.2-2.5V and gobs of amps. I don't know if these pwr JFETs fit this application. It does make a good Linear, low drop-out type reg xistor.
shallbehealed said:
Seems so, although I've heard a couple of other companies announce power jfets for power distribution systems.
Well, whom may I ask was that???
I've seen something, mostly in the deveopment stage, I beleive paired, or cascoded with a 1kV+ transistor :confused: If my brain cells are still good in that section, I beleive Silicon Carbide might have been involved??? :whazzat: It seemed a little to unobtainium at the time...