• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Lovoltech LU1014D

Some news from hellas
hellas.jpg

Dragan & Elfenreiter got them via direct contact to me

Thanks Woody,

I got quite a few of these items some years ago in the Grey Rollins GB and they were reasonably matched at about 1A5 for use in the F3 amp, or Z8/9, but when used for the lower current of about 250mA in the DAO headamp of Patrick's (EUVL), they didn't show anywhere near the same matching, naturally enough, and I ended up just selecting them by trial-and-error for offset - it seemed to work pretty well, but it would be good to have a better way for using the rest of them (about 30 of them) for other projects

Just to be aware Patrick also matches all other passive components too in his design to match both channels closer.
For most normal use it is not needed.
The word matching has different meaning in different circuits. With F3 design changing the value of R3 will be more practical than trying to match few hundreds of these Fets.

Thanks Patrick, forgot about that, duh.

Yes, 'kinku', being obsessive about component accuracy is a bit of a PIA and probably a bit unnecessary at times but I think it's 'written in the genes' or something and it's very satisfying to 'go to the max', as they say - I make my own Manganin resistors sometimes and get a bit 'over-the-top' about accuracy at times (probably my substitute for technical competence!)

> being obsessive about component accuracy ... and probably a bit unnecessary

We achieve the distortion level in our circuits, e.g. the Pioneer Super Linear which is BJT, only due to matching.
Done the correct way in many symmetrical circuits, it can reduce 2nd harmonics by a factor of 5~10.
The results are there for all to see.

But maybe some people want a lot of 2nd harmonics.
We don't.

Patrick

Hi. Still a few left, if I don't hear back from Canada, I can accept request from other parts of the world. So if you miss your chance to get a batch, let me know. Shipping won't be that bad since I was able to send them into a normal letter envellop.
SB

Hi there Algar_emi!
I am interested in a set and have contacted carsten.witt as I am from Spain. If he doesn't have any left, I'll contact you.

Thank you for your distribution efforts!