• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Lovoltech LU1014D power JFET

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
More fun and games with the United States Postal Service...
So the JFETs have been going out from the main Post Office. Only one problem that I know of and it was quickly taken care of--the guy reported that the parts arrived okay. Today I go to a different Post Office.
The woman behind the counter (no, not the "locked box" woman, she's downtown--this was another woman) gives me this Look. You know, the kind of Look you get when you're Up To Something. She says suspiciously,"There's something in here. It's thick!."
I--being a master of restraint--do not reply,"Well, duh sweetheart! Did you think people came here to mail empty envelopes?" No, I held my tongue. Bit down good and hard. Got the bloody marks to show for it.
"There's a surcharge for that, you know," she adds nastily.
I told her that scads of these things had been mailed out at the big PO downtown without a surcharge, but she starts in with that It's The Rule attitude. If it's thick it's got to be stamped by hand, and that costs extra.
Harrumph!
The USPS is going to drive me bonkers.

Grey

I am with a Buing of JFETS from the beguining
applyed to the first list as well as to the latter orders
confirmations...
A few times replyed for some informations about the JFETS
story...
At the end I was agreed with a prices and konfirm order for 20 pcs.
(and ready to take care of member Choky order for another 20 pcs too...)
:att'n:
Now I am expected clear instructions
about the way how I should send the money and receive my order.
:att'n:
In any other case I will be consider the whole story
like possibile discrimination of legitimate members of the DIYaudio forum...
please
Someone reply?
Dave?

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
grey and dave.......

any further shipments to Europe?

I'm not so desperate without Lovoltechs , but it will be nice to have few........

entire operation was started on extraordinary level,but it seems that European part of it is just not on same level......

too few,in so little time ?!!

ok-back to toobz ,and really small jfets............

gundj,gundj

:devilr:

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
GRollins said:
I still have plenty of devices, both matched and unmatched. If the numbers given in the Wiki mean anything, there is still plenty of interest yet to be satisfied in Europe.
Does anyone want to step forward to handle another go for Europe?

Grey

I will gladly,but I'm still slave of the past or -in another words- still behind sorta iron curtain***

*****legitimate money transfer is still .....how you said....post officing monkey-business

Dear Grey, I could eventually handle the Jfets for Europe, I have time enough during this period and a PayPal account, but....

I'm really concerned about the postal service in Italy: not 100% reliable and often quite slow. :rolleyes:

I don't know if our anxious friends DIYers will be satisfied if an envelope takes two weeks to arrive, let's say, in Germany or Croatia.

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Ok, referring to the wiki, there are at least 40 people from Europe who want them JFETs. This would probably make 2000 parts. That's 50 JFETs per person. Most likely noone needs that many, and Grey said that anyone wanting more than 50 matched devices needs his head examined. But people will surely "sell" parts to their friends, so let's stick with 50.

Now it would be interesting to know how many devices have already been spread across Europe by Dave (dhole) to determine the amount of devices still needed.
But I think 2000 can't be too wrong, considering that there's the possibility of matching (some, not all) parts and sending parts to some exotic places as well.

I would love to step forward to handle Europe, I'd even love to offer some matched devices, but I still go to university. This of course means that I've got "plenty" of time and that I'm always short of money. 2000 JFETs 'd be around 2500USD, keep that in mind.
:rolleyes:

If there is a solution to this :$: problem, I could handle Europe.
Ideas welcome.

Austria is quite in the middle of the old continent and our postal service is reliable. Don't mind my english.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
massimo said:
Dear Grey, I could eventually handle the Jfets for Europe, I have time enough during this period and a PayPal account, but....

I'm really concerned about the postal service in Italy: not 100% reliable and often quite slow. :rolleyes:

I don't know if our anxious friends DIYers will be satisfied if an envelope takes two weeks to arrive, let's say, in Germany or Croatia.

final deadline is not an issue,if you ask me

reliability of postal service is another side of story.....:whazzat:

After a bit consideration:
I could easily handle the EU and overseas leg of this GB. All I want to know is how many devices are needed?? I dont have so many "but"s and "if"s. I will post excact prices when/if I know more. I am having DHL and UPS comming by, on a day by day basis, so passing them on wouldnt be too much trouble.(I hope to get my company's good prices)
If everyone are confident with having me handling this matter, please post here:) As I said, I would need to have an approximate figure for the devices needed. Well, I wouldnt go out and buy 2000 and sell like1000:D (I have my own from Grey allready)
Just an offer from a volunteer;)
Okay, one little "but" anyway, If you sign up, I expect you to buy them:)
Ps. I could also take care of orders from obscure countries outside the EU if needed:) That should make everyone happy I guess??

Steen:cool:

Hello all ,

i can recommend this gentleman ( Steen) his service is
outstanding . bought from him a zen amp , phono amp ,
transes and other parts . Never had one failiure with him .
He is very comunicativ and absolut serious
and he is a real blessing for us here in this forum .

Greetings from Germany

Jürgen

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
steenoe said:
After a bit consideration:
I could easily handle the EU and overseas leg of this GB. All I want to know is how many devices are needed?? I dont have so many "but"s and "if"s. I will post excact prices when/if I know more. I am having DHL and UPS comming by, on a day by day basis, so passing them on wouldnt be too much trouble.(I hope to get my company's good prices)
If everyone are confident with having me handling this matter, please post here:) As I said, I would need to have an approximate figure for the devices needed. Well, I wouldnt go out and buy 2000 and sell like1000:D (I have my own from Grey allready)
Just an offer from a volunteer;)
Okay, one little "but" anyway, If you sign up, I expect you to buy them:)
Ps. I could also take care of orders from obscure countries outside the EU if needed:) That should make everyone happy I guess??

Steen:cool:

you're my man

hehe

just collect orders strictly on personal email, then collect the money,use this thread for broader informations

nobody will argue if transaction last even 4 weeks

grey is sort-a gambler ,or not....
but-you must not be
:devilr:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.