• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Lovoltech LU1014 Power Jfet Group Buy

LD1010 device on adapter PCB. You will have to take my word for it that there is a device under the clothespin.

Attachments

• LD1014D_adapter.jpg
    LD1014D_adapter.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 372
Hi WT,
How long does an actual test of an LD1014D take with a test jig? Can you show us your whole setup including bench instruments?
Thanks for measuring and matching.

I just got my order of 100 LD1014D’s and these are all sealed in a tape roll. So we know they are from the same batch.

For matching the Pass Stash, I used a Keithley 2602B and a custom Python program that I wrote. The cable harness from the 2602B to the plug-in board is simple solid core copper wire built by me. The plug in board is a Radio Shack ordinary item.

Attachments

• 2602B.jpg
    2602B.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 352
Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Yes, of course. I have done that very thing in the past with my "snubber" boards for mounting TO-247 MOSFETs for the Alpha Nirvana amp, the FH9HVX, and the Alpha BB amp. If you do, use extra flexible silicone insulation high strand count "RC racecar" wire. 18 ga is big enough and keep to 8in or shorter. The supple wire will reduce mechanical strain.

797481d1574673293-alpha-nirvana-39w-8ohm-class-amp-sound-00-jpg

Important GB Update

LU1014D GB Signup Sheet

First of all, thanks to Papa for the LU1014D donation which got this GB moving.

Also thanks to Woofertester for matching the donated LU1014D in pairs and XRK971 for creating and testing the PCB.

We've reached the limit of the donated LU1014D's and I'm closing off the list of members who have signed up for the one pair. The last member I have signed up for a pair is TomTest.

I have added two new columns to the spreadsheet for the country destination of the parts (where we are shipping your items) and your email address. I will need to send an invoice to your email that includes the cost of the PCB kit and the shipping cost. LU1014D are your gift from Papa!

I do not have a cost for the PCB kit yet. The reason is explained below. It should be small and it should be only a couple of dollars per pair.

I'm now working out the details of the PCB "kit" with the vendors. The kit consists of a pair of PCBs, SMD resistors and 3 pin headers. The 3 pin headers are the hangup at this time with a 3 month lead time for our spreadsheet quantities of 700 pair. Unfortunately, the three pin headers are not available from our usual sources, Mouser, Digikey, etc.. The have to be ordered directly from the one supplier. We cannot just buy them from another source.

I can get a smaller amount of headers, enough to assemble a kit for each pair of Papa's LU1014D in about 3 weeks, which is where we need to be. This means if you have signed up for one pair of PCBs (PCBs, resistors and 3 pin headers) and one pair of LU1014D, you will get exactly that.

If you added more than one pair of PCBs to the spreadsheet, I cannot provide the matching 3 pin headers for those extra PCBs. This may be a deal breaker for some of you and if so, please update your PCB quantities asap. Some of you might be fine with no header pins and still want to receive the PCBs and resistors. I will try to supply all the PCBs that are requested.

I will close the PCB orders at 10pm PST on June 7th. You have a couple of days to adjust.

When I have a total number for the PCB orders I can calculate the final costs and I will send an invoice to your email address.

Please post any questions and I'll answer asap. If it's complicated, PM me and we'll sort it out.

Please check this thread over the next few days as we finish up the GB.

Thanks!