Looking for High Quality Selector to switch two amps to one pair speakers

Account Closed
Joined 2018
A simple solution to preventing amps that do not tolerate not having speakers connected is...
Wait for it!.........................
Switch the amps while they are turned off! :rolleyes:
Of course, that makes sense. Still, I think most people interested in these things are looking for protection in the event of a brain fart.
Yes, some want "convenience" - AKA a fool-proof design, so that they can save brain cells and make a mistake.
Perhaps an APP will be invented for that affliction too.
People live by APPS these days... their whole world is under "APP control". :yikes:

Joined 2021
Paid Member
I’m afraid no app will ever stop me from brain farting.

That being said, a sturdy 4PDT switch and resistors across the +/- binding posts is the solution I am going for at this time.

I might build the box based on the Grayhill switches, but at $70 per switch + the other parts, that could be a $200 project before I know it.

Reactions: 1 user
The reason I built this speaker switcher utilize make-before-break switches with resistors is because the user want to A/B comparing two tube amps on one pair of speaker, and he don't want a resistor connected parallel to the speaker.
With this switcher, he didn't need to turn off the tube amps for switching.
I hope it makes sense.✌️

Add a resistor across the tube amp output is a good insurance to prevent damage if the speaker disconnected accidentally.
ElArte, you may find this thread at audiokarma.org interesting.
Hi, All.
If my tube integrated has two taps - one for 8 ohm and one for 16 and I'm running the 8 ohm tap into a switch, can I put the resistors on the 16 ohm tap for protection? Or does it need to be on the wired connection?

Thanks!