lm3886 single sided pcb

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Elektor board not too good

The elector layout has a few things that could be better.. just have a look at the grounding arrangement Output current will interfere with audio ground . I have highlighted the offending area. Also the decoupling caps in wrong place too

Attachments

• bad board.JPG
    bad board.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 327
The PCB traces shown in post45 have 3 different tappings from the Zero Volt trace between the PSU smoothing Caps.
This is WRONG.
It is the worst example of bad practice I have ever seen.

There must be ONE trace from the Zero Volts and then the star feeding a reference voltage to any other parts of the circuit that need that reference.

There are two decoupling capacitors added at the power input. These are in the WRONG place. DO NOT fit them there.

I have not examined the rest, but if the layout designer got those two parts so wrong, then it probably means there are other parts that are wrong as well.

Last edited:
Scrap it and start again.. keep psu componets to the left side of the pcb! the shorter you can get the tracks the better. To be honest that is one of the worse I have seen . I will leave the rest to Andrew.. I suggest you have a good look around the forum there are some good layouts on here . No point in building a poor amplifier down to layout.. If you post the eagle file I will have a go at a layout for you ..

Last edited:
Scrap it and start again.. keep psu componets to the left side of the pcb! the shorter you can get the tracks the better. To be honest that is one of the worse I have seen . I will leave the rest to Andrew.. I suggest you have a good look around the forum there are some good layouts on here . No point in building a poor amplifier down to layout.. If you post the eagle file I will have a go at a layout for you ..

Hi madtecchy

I Tried to attach Engel schismatic. Can you make pcb layout for this schismatic. is this circuit is correct.please help me.I don't want power supply on PCB. Error coming to post Eagle schismatic file. schismatic is same to my last post.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
1.) Decide what frequencies you need to hear.
2.) Decide what frequencies the amplifier needs to pass to allow 1. to happen
3.) Determine the input filter RC time constant required to match 2.
4.) Select an input impedance and a capacitor value to match 3.

If the capacitor is below 10uF, then use a film capacitor.
If the capacitor is 10uF or above, then change the input impedance to a higher value.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.