• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

LJM Audio

A few years back my stock (bought assembled) MX50x2 incinerated at power up. (One channel only.) I rebuilt with genuine Toshiba 2SC5200N and TTA004/TTC004 from Mouser and it was fine. I don't like the 2SD1047 that come with these kits... [Considering that 2SC5200 cost more I suspect that the manufacturer might have come to a similar conclusion.]

Never had a failure with Toshiba 2SC5200N or the old transistors removed from junked (recycled) receivers.

@kozard Thank you for the information. I like Toshiba transistors, they are made of Triple Diffused method, and I am professionally knows what's that.

I simulated in the Micro-Cap 12, the Toshiba TTC5200 did have a little bit high THD numbers, but the real listening tell another story. Even I am worrying about the quiescent currents variance, but the static voltage at the output have very satisfactory numbers 0.1mV and 1.4mV.

IRS2092S.JPG

Increase the 3k3 resistor on in IN- , to reduce the overall gain.

Any Preamp 9 schematics to see what could be done more effectively if you reduce gain, if possible simulating it in LTSpice?
Sorry, no schematics availaible
I've asked LJM_LJM , and his answer is :
" Cannot reduce magnification. There will be self-excitement. Oscillation "
And didn't answered when I asked him to provide schematics
Markings on some electronic components have been erased on boards ,
The components are misemployed, tantal smd as input/output capacitors...missing space to replace
Nothing to do with this junk, > trash-can, 15$ lost .

There are lots of good preamp kits on Aliexpress, discrete and IC. What do you need the preamp for?
Sometimes you just need to change the IC for a a legit one bought on Mouser or elsewhere.
For discrete preamp that would be more difficult. Also adding a good power supply, also available on AE, can improve things. Sometimes the kit already has a good PS included, even a kit with transformer.

Reactions: 1 user