• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

LJM Audio

Hi.I am using this amp in bridged mode.There is a temperature difference (1. tip transistor 45celcius and 2. Tip transistor which on the right 60 celcius degree) Is it normal in bridged mode? Amp is singing fine.

Attachments

• 20190128_011940.jpg
    20190128_011940.jpg
    1,006.8 KB · Views: 830
No need to replace Nippon caps. They are good.

Yes it's not only for improvement is for the height.

I need to lowering the height of the module for make a seven channel amp un one enclosure and the area is "short" ... i need to place them in staggered position and the capacitor of 25mm height block me.

I see Panasonic FR for good competitor, but 150µF/63V (16mm) or 180µF/63V (20mm) (the ESR is lower on the big one) for 60V supply ?

I wouldn't use 63V caps with 60V rails - that is too close. Leave at least 10% safety margin (many will say 20%) for voltage fluctuations. So eg. 56V rails would be better, and the small reduction in 8 ohm power will not be noticed. 4 ohm power will be almost the same.

Also, there isn't room on the board for ø16 or 20mm caps. 12mm diameter is the absolute maximum you can fit.

I wouldn't use 63V caps with 60V rails - that is too close. Leave at least 10% safety margin (many will say 20%) for voltage fluctuations. So eg. 56V rails would be better, and the small reduction in 8 ohm power will not be noticed. 4 ohm power will be almost the same.

Also, there isn't room on the board for ø16 or 20mm caps. 12mm diameter is the absolute maximum you can fit.

You right my futur SMPS must be +-58V max, with 5V of margin I will be safe.