Attachments

• UJ3N065080K3S-nov2022.jpg
    UJ3N065080K3S-nov2022.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 168
Reactions: 1 users
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Probably the best thread to post this question -

Would there be any reason NOT to use Semisouth R085 in SissySIT? I understand that you could build a 'real' defisit amp with R085 but the benefit from that approach seems to be simplicity in that the circuit is self biasing but you have to select parts that put you into the bias/offset that you want once at operational temps but you still get on/off thumps and possibly subject to line voltage variation messing up your beautifully set up balancing act.

The self-biasing effect give you the ability to tightly control bias, preventing possible runaway without degeneration for beautiful square law enjoyment seems to be the net benefit with a small number of parts, but what if you don't mind added complexity to get the well mannered behaviour of a SissySIT?

My (greenhorn) understanding of the flavours of SissySIT:
SissySIT (R1) used hall sensors to fix the Vgs differences between devices, making it possible to use less than perfectly paired devices
SissySIT R3 uses voltage reg (LM3092) and optocouplers (PC817) to set the voltage and accompanying bias current through each device so it's no longer 'self biasing' but it's still a DEF circuit
SissySIT-42 based on R3 bias schema but uses current mirrors instead of optocouplers

Based on feedback from The Mighty One, SissySIT-42 biasing schema seems to be the best behaved, stable and no thumps so what's not to like?

Anyway, the Semisouth R085 is still a SIT but would it be better used in something else if one had Tokin, Sony as well as Semisouth SITs to choose from?

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
first of all - short explanation about life and everything

R3 and -42 being different in minor details, but what's the same is ability to put anything in place of upper part ....... SJEP, SJDP, nail, screw, whatever ...... as long Ugs of part is in range of +/- 4 or so volts, and nail/screw isn't longer than +/-4cm

ok, minor changes needed to accommodate various parts, but that's trivial

so, SJEP, follower/level shifter DN2530 or DN2540

SJDP - follower/level shifter IRF510

personally, I'm interested to try SJDP in -42, just for giggles; if anyone is interested, even EU Sparrows are knowing where OPLDF is situated ....... send me a pair and you'll get funny pics and gigglywiggly graphs

ZM Star Trek.jpeg

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I especially like to use nails and screws with negative length in my amps

to me , it seems I jumped the game of Audio Mythology ........ no one is having that!

Chimney Heatsinks, Free Energy A Class ....... everything is simply 'nuttin' comparing to Enormity of ZM's

Attachments

• ********-Button-Lapel-1-Facebook-bw.jpg
    ********-Button-Lapel-1-Facebook-bw.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 64
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
This list of sizzynesssezzzzz need a revisited 5 watt SE circuit from OPLDF.

Is it a month now since the last circuit? Laaaaazy Mighty have greedy boyz waiting :rofl:

pcbs for Skookum and Das Kleine Wunder are in production

so, will have them in 10 days or so

at least one of them is HP amp, capable to drive Klipsch Heresy, and then some

Reactions: 2 users