Line Array Full Range Specs?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I built some in a week... Not for home, though, but on a big venue sound very nice!

Attachments

• IMG_1757.jpg
    IMG_1757.jpg
    465.9 KB · Views: 203
  • IMG_1819.jpg
    IMG_1819.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 200
two things.

Aside from the other good advice already given.

Listen to ONE speaker or a pair on a larger than usual baffle.
IF you don't like the sound of ONE you will not like the sound of as many as you stack up.
You need the large baffle to do a valid comparision...

The second thing is besides considering ALL of the prior efforts that you can dredge up, be sure to consider what BOSE did with the original 901 speakers. While this is not likely what you want to do, but it holds some clues about using small drivers full range...

Do you run some kind of EQ?

Hi wesayso, it was your project that inspired me to try an array! I already had the amps and processing from previous multi way projects so yes, I have an XTA DP448 which does crossover to the subs and EQ. These arrays would sound terrible without EQ.
I am just amazed how good they sound bearing in mind that I have owned multi way speakers (up to 4 way active) for years! Need to have another good read of your thread to fully get to grips with the many ways that you optimised your arrays though..

Hi wesayso, it was your project that inspired me to try an array! I already had the amps and processing from previous multi way projects so yes, I have an XTA DP448 which does crossover to the subs and EQ. These arrays would sound terrible without EQ.
I am just amazed how good they sound bearing in mind that I have owned multi way speakers (up to 4 way active) for years! Need to have another good read of your thread to fully get to grips with the many ways that you optimised your arrays though..

In that case: I'm glad you like the results! :D

two things.

Aside from the other good advice already given.

Listen to ONE speaker or a pair on a larger than usual baffle.
IF you don't like the sound of ONE you will not like the sound of as many as you stack up.
You need the large baffle to do a valid comparision...

Couldn't agree more. You better like the driver you start with, as I've said before: you get it back on steroids.
Meaning all the good things and all of it's quirks add up.

Last edited:
I've just finished my arrays using 24x Faital 3FE22 per side and am loving the results so far. I'm supposed to be taking measurements but these full range arrays have a way of drawing you into the music and then I get nothing else done!
Hi mpa,
planning to build a very similar array with 24/side 3FE25 any hints on how you build a cab to house these. Any help would be appreciated
thanks
Ed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.