Light mod Denon 3910..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Ryssen,
Yikes!
You always have to be very careful where your grounds go. 'Scope grounds go to hard earth normally.

You will have to check your oscilloscope cables and grounding in the circuits. I'm very sorry to hear of your accident here.

-Chris

Guess I am a lucky guy afterall..(Just a little)Measured all the semiconductors and replaced he shorted diod (all 4 in the rectifier)to Byv27.And conected the PSU again,and it worked,I was a little worried there for a while...;)
Going to order some 3-pin discrete regulators next.:)

You should have a look inside at the ground path. Check your probe for ground continuity, then calibrate it again for HF response.
Didn´t open it,but I tried DC with a 9v batteri,and AC 20khz with my portable flac player.It worked.both with 1x and 10x on the probe.
Hmm,how do i calibrate for HF response?
icon_smile_blush.gif

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Ryssen,
Good. Don't attempt to open your probe up.

Your 'scope should have a terminal or contact on the front panel marked "CAL", "COMP" or something along those lines. Connect your X10 probe to the terminal and turn a small screw (actually a trimmer cap) either on the probe body or on the body of the plug part. Adjust it for the best square wave on the display. If you move that probe to the Y2 input (or any other) from Y1, you will need to compensate it again.

-Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.