Let’s see your desktop dudes!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Heres mine,nice and basic clouds :)

Attachments

• Capture.png
    Capture.png
    198.3 KB · Views: 394
Last edited:
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
This is Jordan Pond at Acadia National Park and the Two Bubbles which is located near Bar Harbor in Maine. Taken on a Pentax K-1000 (film) 13 years ago when my wife and I were on our honeymoon. It was digitized when the film was developed.

Running W10 pro on an i7 HP Elite Book..

Attachments

• My desktop.JPG
    My desktop.JPG
    357.5 KB · Views: 310
Account Closed
Joined 2018
This is Jordan Pond at Acadia National Park and the Two Bubbles which is located near Bar Harbor in Maine. Taken on a Pentax K-1000 (film) 13 years ago when my wife and I were on our honeymoon. It was digitized when the film was developed.

Running W10 pro on an i7 HP Elite Book..

WOW.
I still have my K-1000, poor thing's been in the closet since 2002 since I got a Fuji FinePix digital.
But that Pentax gave me the best shots every time.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
WOW.
I still have my K-1000, poor thing's been in the closet since 2002 since I got a Fuji FinePix digital.
But that Pentax gave me the best shots every time.

Photography is my other affliction, err hobby.. I recently replaced the Pentax (went to a photo club) and Coolpix with a Sony A7III and an assortment of lenses. (Still more needed)

The K-1000 took great pix, my favorite lens was a 28-75mm Sportsman (UK) zoom lens. Took a lot of pictures with that camera until I didn't. All digital now...

Love your desk top!

Account Closed
Joined 2018
Some nice pics guys!!
Your close Allen,im on 98se :) (My favourite OS)

Oh good lord!......... 98SE?
Don't get me wrong, I loved that OS, and milked it until I couldn't anymore.
I hated "upgrading" to XP Pro, but got used to it, and it was fine once I mastered it.
But, alas, things happen. and the computer AND internet was getting cranky on me....
So... then I had to "upgrade' that too, (dual core and all that stuff) and decided on Win10 for it.
My shop computer still has XP though.

What sort of system do you run with 98 in 2019?
I'd love to hear.

diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2008
Paid Member
I'm using Debian Linux.

Yes, I used 98se for as long as I could. Had its install laid out as a file system transfer (non-install) for quick refreshment with apps and updates already installed.

I think the windows sweet-spot is W7.

Account Closed
Joined 2018
I'm using Debian Linux.

Yes, I used 98se for as long as I could. Had its install laid out as a file system transfer (non-install) for quick refreshment with apps and updates already installed.

I think the windows sweet-spot is W7.

7?
My computer guy told me that 7 was a waste, and to go with 10 with my new build.
He's an honest guy and runs a great business, so I took his advice.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.