Lepai T-Amp with TA2020

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Erm.. Bicycle Sound Systems!?
You mean like Granppa's six or eight speaker setup on his Hog .. Cranked up to 110dbs.
So pedestrians 2 blocks away can share his Fave Johnny Cash tunes ?
Cuz he's riding a mufflerless Harley (loud Pipes save lives you know :rolleyes: And he's deaf to boot.
Nano tunes stick and ear buds not enough to impress the pedestrians?
Lepai t 2020 thing is Laughable. Many are DOA and the rest produce mediocre sounds .. Even.. when modded to the nines.
IMO $20 delivered is wayyy too much for what you get..
But Hey! buy a few more and you too may have an Epiphany as well.
G'luck

Erm.. Bicycle Sound Systems!?
You mean like Granppa's six or eight speaker setup on his Hog .. Cranked up to 110dbs.
So pedestrians 2 blocks away can share his Fave Johnny Cash tunes ?
Cuz he's riding a mufflerless Harley (loud Pipes save lives you know :rolleyes: And he's deaf to boot.
Nano tunes stick and ear buds not enough to impress the pedestrians?
Lepai t 2020 thing is Laughable. Many are DOA and the rest produce mediocre sounds .. Even.. when modded to the nines.
IMO $20 delivered is wayyy too much for what you get..
But Hey! buy a few more and you too may have an Epiphany as well.
G'luck

I crashed my Harley and broke it.
Then the bike gang broke me:(

Note, these are on-sale....again....for a butt cheap $20 USD..........really a good value I'd guess, considering how much it would cost you to build one from scratch........just saying.

______________________________________________________Rick.........

I may just go ahead and snatch up another one for home use.
Even with the one channel working and both lines hooked to it, it still gets the job done.

Thanks...Ok I see why everyone replace the original with film caps. The PCB doesn't label the polarity.

The caps have no polarity in the output stage since the signal is in AC. Use 0.22μF Caps for 8 Ohm loads and 0.47μF Caps for 4 Ohm loads.

It's also a good idea to re-locate the Differential Output Capacitor to the speaker terminals or even inside the speakers itself to get maximum noise filtering.

Hello, I am considering one of these amps and a pair of Dayton B652 to get my feet wet in this world I've discovered.

PE sells this amp with or without a 12V 2A power supply. Somewhere I read that a 12V 5A power supply would provide better performance.

First, is this true? How would a higher current rating power supply affect performance?

Second, a quick search for a 12V 5A power supply yielded many many choices with differing price tags and shipping options (some free). What would be the ballpark price on one of these power supplies that remind me of a laptop power supply?

Thanks

Hello, I am considering one of these amps and a pair of Dayton B652 to get my feet wet in this world I've discovered.

PE sells this amp with or without a 12V 2A power supply. Somewhere I read that a 12V 5A power supply would provide better performance.

First, is this true? How would a higher current rating power supply affect performance?

Second, a quick search for a 12V 5A power supply yielded many many choices with differing price tags and shipping options (some free). What would be the ballpark price on one of these power supplies that remind me of a laptop power supply?

Thanks

A higher current power supply definitely helps improve the performance of the Lepai amp. It is more stable and it doesn't "shut off" halfway like those lower ampere power supplies do.

There are tons of AC power supplies in the market. A high quality power supply should look sturdy and solid. It should meets and complies to all international safety standards and regulations. The cables should be thick and are safety rated. A ferrite ring at the equipment end is another sign of good quality. The power supply should feel "heavy" in your hands.

Also, choose from a reputable OEM manufacturer such as Lite-On, Delta and Li Shin, etc.

By the way, do take note that the dimension of the jack is 5.5mm X 2.1mm.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.