L-MOSFET G.Randy Slone

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I am relatively new to the DIY high power audio scene. I specialize in a different branch of electronics and thought I would work on an audio DIY amp for experimentation. I picked up G. Randy Slone's High-Power Audio amplifier contruction manual.

Art work 11.8 with the L-MOSFET configuration is what I am interested in. To photo etch the board is going to be a problem since he over layed the parts outline and numbers on the top view of the PCB artwork. The photo etch is going to reproduce the component outline and short out traces.Does anyone have a clean version without all the overlay clutter?

Thanks,
Nick

which schematic?

Does anyone have the High-power audio amplifier construction manual by Randy? Is the amplifier featured in figure 11.8 the infamous problem amp? Or is the 11.8 amp a good design?

There are a couple of L-mosfet amps in the book, not sure which one it is.

Thanks,
Nick

PCB ....LMOSFET amplifier

Hi, PCB layout in 2009 may help you someway ......:)
Alex.

Attachments

• RS AMPL.JPG
    RS AMPL.JPG
    527 KB · Views: 1,307
Dude, art work shouldn't be a problem. Appendix Figure C.11 is the artwork for the amp in Figure 11.8. Figure C.9 & C.10 include the components on the artwork for reference when you're filling the board.

Now, the current mirror on the differential input stage, I understand, might be a problem. Never tried it. Good Luck.

www.hifisonix.com
Joined 2003
Paid Member
You can solve the problem by slightly imbalancing the current sources. If you don’t want to do this, you need ‘common mode current control loop’.

See here for some discussion on this

PGP Amplifier

If you are after an easier build that performs well and has been built dozens of times here on the forum see here

diyAB Amp The "Honey Badger" build thread

Lots of folks here can lend you a hand with this amp.

Good luck with your amplifier journey!

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.