• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Kubelik NOS DAC kits

Hi Richard. I plan to, finally, asemble my Kubelik DAC over the Christmas break - I've had a bit of practice soldering small SMD parts so I'm hopeful!

I will use the DAC in a 'workshop system' so it would be really useful to be able to stream music from my smartphone via Bluetooth - just wondering if you've tried a Bluetooth input using something like this;

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/100...00019017010263!sea&curPageLogUid=MPeFZZ0CBNlE

Reactions: 1 user
I decided to do some more SMD soldering practice today and the result is...

8mdaTTk.jpg

Applied solder paste, placed parts then used my hot-air station - it took a few hours, it looks OK but the proof of the pudding will be in the eating of course.

Reactions: 1 user
Are those readings with I2S playing into the DAC? The U8 opamp seems to be working fine (its + and - inputs are at the same voltage) but there is an offset at the output which seems larger than normal DAC operation would expect (between +7V and +13V at TP7). The offset could be from the current source transistors (Q17,Q19) not functioning correctly.

TP5 is showing a serious fault condition at 18.8V - its worth checking that R37 doesn't have any voltage drop across it. If it does, that would indicate a failure of the MOSFET Q14. U8 running hot is a significant concern - check its output current by measuring volts across R32 and R63.

TP5 is showing a serious fault condition at 18.8V - its worth checking that R37 doesn't have any voltage drop across it. If it does, that would indicate a failure of the MOSFET Q14. U8 running hot is a significant concern - check its output current by measuring volts across R32 and R63.
When powered up, no voltage across R32, R63 and 37.
I noticed that the markings on R66 appears faded

Happy New Year to Richard and all users of Kubelik.
I am happy to report that the dac is working as expected now.
I replace R66 and this solves the overheating of U8.
I replace Q28 and the voltage at TP5 is within specs.
I measure all the TP voltage after these 2 changes. All measurements within spec.
Testing for about 1hr of usage, everything is good. No hum or distortion.
Thanks to Richard for first rate support!

Reactions: 1 users