Klipsch plate amp.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi I'm new to diyAudio but was wondering if someone could help. I purchased a Klipsch 100 watt plate amp. with the idea of building a sub. The problem I'm having is I can't find the wires that go speaker. There is only a volume type wires with a volume type control with 3 wires a red a black and a purple. I know this sounds silly but how do I connect the woofer itself since there dosen't seem to be any speaker output wires that go to the woofer. I hope I'm making some sense if not I'm sorry. I was going to make a sub using this plate amp. Can anyone help.

Thanks
Bill C

upload a pic to imageshack,then paste the link / img
insertimage.gif
maoWIt94tuY7VljLwyqdvveEMCADs=

Last edited:
It should have two wires coming off of it. One red and one black. If it has an enclosed back, then you may have to open it up and find where the speaker wires come off the board. If it has an exposed circuit board, look to see if it is marked with "+" and "-" somewhere on the board.

Klipsch plate amp

Thanks

There are 3 wires coming of the amp a black,red and purple these go to a rotary control both ends are connected by a small square white plastic connector one end to the amp the other end to the rotary connector. I think that the black and white wires are the speaker output wires. I think I should disregard the purple one and the control as I think this is a connection for a Klipsch sub. These are the only wires coming off the amp. There is no markings for anything. I bought this on e-bay but I think I should have bought new were you get instructions. I had the idea of making a clone sub of a PSB subsonic 111. I think I should have thought things out more as this was my first build. No success with a picture. I have much to learn but thanks for the help it is much appreciated.

Bill C

After much looking on the board I found two male connectors that does say speakers and positive and negative. I just need to connect the wires to these and I'm good to go. So easy yet so hard at least for me. I learn something new all the time:D

Thanks everyone for all the help I never would have found this without your help.

Bill C

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.