Kicker zx1000.1 (P083ZX10001-A) 2007 model

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Okay so having a strange issue with this kicker amplifier. Fails to power up like power LED kind of flickers. Seems like it's something to do with the protection curcuit. The power supply was down. Soni rebuilt it and it won't fully power up and engage the relay.

Attachments

• 1541795108641175097607977072537.jpg
    1541795108641175097607977072537.jpg
    983.9 KB · Views: 122
The Output Inductor is toast. You will need to replace it.

In the meantime remove the inductor and if the IRFP264N are not shorted (44N30 where replaced due to obsolescent or sourcing issues) , you should be able to power the amp up and check for rails and drive to output mosfets.

The burnt header pin in Signal Ground, there may be a burnt trace on the bottom of board and on the Preamp board to the RCA shields

what is the value and how do i read or replicate it? I have cores on other amplifiers or one that appears close to this one. I would like to know where to buy the wire and or materials to rewrap these and other inductors. I beleive there is a section in perry's guide that is directly related to torrids and inductors. I will find and read that. Do you happen to know the value? Or can get a replacement one onf these?
The outputs are not shorted. They are still good, and i have a batch of these transistors as well.
Ill check the preamp board as well.

Check the inductor from the ZX1000.1, that you where previously working on if it's still available. I believe the Inductor value is 47uH, but I'll need to confirm that.

The Inductor you have may be good for testing, but I wouldn't test this with a load until you know if they are a similar match.

Thanks for that link. My tester is testing the inductors in mH, not that it makes a difference. Ok no ordered the proper 19gauge wire. All ok I have is a 22gauge. Temco is shipping the wire, but I'm also ordering some via Amazon so it's gets here in a day. The core isn't cracked or anything? The amp with the test inductor in place draws substantial current. I was just going to use the core from that good inductor and use the proper size and strat wrapping the inductor.? Is there a difference in cores?

Can i use th old one or is that not recommended? If not please do send me a part link for the replacement part. i tried to use the onr from the other amp just foro testing and it slowely started to draw current so i shut it of. Ill wait to get the proper part, and wind the new inductor. Measures (test inductor) 0.03mH 0.12ohms

This is the core T157-3. Aliexpress has them at the link below . I don't know if they are a reputable source. Someone else, maybe Perry Babin can verify or recommend another source.

The wire for windings are 4 by ~18awg magnet wire in parallel, with 46 turns Using a solid core equivalent may not be a good option, due to skin effect.

The old core may not be suitable to reuse. I defer to others that have more experience rewinding coils.

Inductors or coils are designed with the circuit in mind and are not usually interchangeable. There are a lot of factors to considered, which include the inductance and core loss at a particular switching frequency and Mosfet selection.

If you can find another 1000.1, maybe one sold for parts only that would be another option. The same inductor was used on all revisions of this amp.

https://www.aliexpress.com/wholesal...13102918&origin=y&catId=0&isViewCP=y&jump=afs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.