JX92S On SALE!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
stuman said:
over the years on these forums ive seen a lot written about the jordans, are they really that good?

also, i like my films so spl is quite a big factor..........

I can only comment on Jim Griffin's original small reflex single driver version, but yeah, for a small room or near-field monitor app they're better overall than a Lowther IMO.

For serious HT though, i.e. conforming to DD/DTS reference, it's going to be marginal at best since it will need both a mid-bass and tweeter to meet it, so for what one costs you can probably buy two or three drivers designed specifically for this BW. Again though, for a smaller room and less critical HF performance your solution is probably fine, though considering the dynamic structure of movie soundtracks I recommend at least a 300 Hz/4th order XO like used in the larger cinema sound systems to keep the highest amplitude transients out of the Jordan's ~250 - 3000 Hz critical speech (AKA 'phone') BW.

As always though, YMMV.

GM

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.