JX92S On SALE!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Count yourselves lucky guys. Here in the UK & Europe generally, they cost almost double the price you have to cough up. You pay $180? We pay that number of pounds, when shipping is factored in. At least, according to the official European distributer links on the Jordan site.

Of course, what I'd really like to know is why we are charged double the price?

Maybe yall have twice as much money?

I am doing my part by going to OBs. Less wood,less electricity to cut the wood. Down side is twice as many drivers as a FR SD.

Gonna sell my pickup and buy a balsa wood Prius with tofu wheels powered by cow belches. (GO GREEN)

ron

Scottmoose said:

I wish. ;)

It's not having a good time at the moment, that's for sure. But seriously though, it's not halved in value. And as noted above, that still doesn't explain why we have to pay double for exactly the same product.

not to worry boys, soon enough there could be a new single international currency, and it won't be the Euro

of course that won't prevent some provinces of the new Chinese empire from being royally rogered

Scottmoose said:
No, that's actually Spectrum audio who are a little cheaper at 205 Euros a pop, than hifisound.de at 215 Euros apiece. I very much hope the prices have parity, direct, as there is no possible excuse that I could swallow without gagging that justifies charging people in the UK or Europe double what they go for in the North Americas. :mad: :grumpy: :no: :soapbox:

Wow, that sucks, I bought mine last year from Jordan for 79.00 pounds ea. What killed me was the shipping. Fun part for me was talking to Mrs. Jordan. The surprise was all the paperwork that came along with them. Must be all kinds of regulations to comply with over on your side of the pond.

REC1 said:

I guess it's good old fashioned production and shipping costs. The Jordan's are not being put together by a big Chinese company.

Scottmoose said:
Logically, their production costs should be neither here nor there. If they were, everyone would be paying more, not just people in Europe paying double what those in the North Americas have to.

Sorry, I was thinking of the cost of drivers compared to a 5 or 6 years ago.

The fact you pay double. Is quite a quandary.:confused: I can't think of anything than trying to bump up the market in American at the cost of Europe.:dead:

Jordan pricing

Hello from EAD,
Regarding Jordan prices, EAD set a world wide recommended list price when we took over almost one year ago. All resellers now buy from the same price list. At that time the USD price matched the EUR price, but since then the dollar dropped even more against the EUR. The correct list price against the EUR should be around USD213 today.

Note, this is the price excluding local import taxes and VAT etc. The final price can vary a lot depending on the taxes and shipping costs in each country. In EU we have between 15-25% VAT for example and the US has a few %. In Argentina there’s an Import tax of 50%.

The Jordan’s handled some direct sales before, mostly in the UK, but also where there were no resellers. The price could be lower than the resellers in other countries, but usually that compensated for the more expensive shipping. The GBP has also dropped quite a bit against the EUR now.

From now on the EUR will be the reference currency to all resellers, since this is a European product and the EUR has been stable for some time now.

The USD100 price mentioned was many years ago when the dollar was almost worth twice as much.
Production prices have gone up too since then.

The group sale was a onetime offer, due to the fact that we didn’t have a US reseller at the time, now we do.

EAD will only sell direct if we don’t have a reseller who can handle it.
If you plan to import from the US, remember that your local taxes and VAT will apply at the border, plus a rather expensive shipping most likely (VAT is on top of price+ shipping+ import taxes).

Our resellers may have special offers from time to time or in combination with other products etc. It will be difficult to have a fixed price always all over, but in general there shouldn’t be a very big difference. I will have a talk with Hifisound too, to see if there’s anything we can do to even the price.

The Jordan products are high quality products and I think most people agree that the sound is worth every cent. We are not the cheapest, but not the most expensive either. Still we can challenge any driver out on the market, regardless of price and the drivers don’t require expensive filters either. In other words, you put the money where it matters.

Regards,
Anders Fransén
Sales, EAD

Re: Re: Jordan pricing

Nelson Pass said:

Today I spent several hours with the pair of Jordans I bought
4 years ago.

They are still worth every cent of the current price.

By the way, who distributes Jordan in the U.S.?

http://www.jordan-usa.com/

I have had my Jordan over a year now, and I love them. They are also the only drivers i haven't tweaked in any way.

Thank you Anders Fransén for your reply.

over the years on these forums ive seen a lot written about the jordans, are they really that good? i might be looking to build a pair of diy floorstanders. with the little jordan covering the mid and top end but augmenting the bass end with an 8inch driver of some kind. the only thing that has stopped me buying and getting to work already is the fact they are not available at this time?? how long am i going to have to wait for them to be released again?

also, i like my films so spl is quite a big factor, i mean it doesnt need to be ear splitting just loud enough. say if i cross to the bass woofer at about 180hz would the jordan be able to push a reasonable SPL?

another question (last one i promise), if i want the jordan to keep all the midrange and all the vocal range is 180hz as high as i can crossover or is 200-250 still acceptable??

thanks guys.

stu

Stu,
If they are out of stock it could be another reason to buy from the US this time, or anywhere else. I know he has some in stock. I'm sorry if you have to wait, but since the factory moved, the lead times are much longer and we are trying to compensate by building up a larger stock in the future. You could also try the swedish reseller: www.hifikit.se
Normally they shouldn't sell to the UK, but since you can't buy them in the UK now, you can mention it to them.

We have started to double the orders, but last batch sold out in no time, so this time we tripple it.

I other words we have an increasing interest in our products. Many new countries are contacting us as well and we hope to introduce several new resellers this fall.

Regarding cross over; There are a million ways to set up a Jordan speaker. With a correctly tuned cabinet, even a 10L ported system will amaze most people down to 40-45Hz. Personally I would let the 92 go all the way down and add something below 45 Hz. To make things easy, try an MJ acoustic sub (the 50 or 100). It's a good match. Then again it also depends on what result you are looking for and your room conditions etc. Otherwise I see no real reason to go above 120Hz.

The hole idea is to let the 92 handle as much as possible and the bass it produces is difficult to find in other systems.

It's a matter of taste too of course, so some experimenting can be worth while.

Regards,
Anders

ok i suppose there are a few more questions to be asked then.

are there any uk stockists planned? if so when can i expect them to start popping up?

another question, if i was to put in a sealed enclosure what sort of SPL could i be seeing? and what sort of size would i be looking at? 1litere?

stu

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.