• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

JX92S Group buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Woo-hoo! Just got mine today. Thanks Brian! If there's one piece of feedback I could offer for future group buys: please include words such as "driver" or "parts" or "unmounted" in the customs declaration, as I was very unlucky and customs identified mine as finished speakers and I actually got charged a duty as well as tax. I can't remember the last time I was charged duty, it was so long ago :) Not that I have any complaints, I got a great deal and CC lets through lots of stuff for me with no charges so that I am still a happy camper.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2005
leadbelly said:
If there's one piece of feedback I could offer for future group buys: please include words such as "driver" or "parts" or "unmounted" in the customs declaration, as I was very unlucky and customs identified mine as finished speakers and I actually got charged a duty as well as tax.

Tony, I'm really sorry about that. I had no idea declaring them as speakers would be any different from declaring them as drivers. Is there any way you could get a refund for paying a duty fee on something you didn't have to? Or would that be more of a hassle than what it's worth?

BWRX said:
Tony, I'm really sorry about that. I had no idea declaring them as speakers would be any different from declaring them as drivers. Is there any way you could get a refund for paying a duty fee on something you didn't have to? Or would that be more of a hassle than what it's worth?

Don't worry about it, it's no big deal, and it's not worth the hassle for me to try to get a refund. I only mentioned it so that we could learn from it for future group buys.

Disabled Account
Joined 2005
Hi guys,

I am really sorry that customs in Canada are as evil as here :(

I would like use the opportunity to express my personal respect for Brian though he is probably very tired after all these days. Brian, it is really great to have people like you and I am really thankful for your help and understanding. I believe that everyone will agree with me that you have made a lot of people happy,I just cannot wait to start the project and I will probably make at least 4 different boxes and I will share my experience asap.
Thanks again!

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2005
Good to hear you guys got your drivers! That means there are only two pairs that are still on their way to their destination - one pair is traveling across the US and guess where the other pair is being held up? None other than the Canadian customs :)

Funny thing though, I still have 6 pairs of drivers sitting on my floor... I wonder who they could be for??? Oh, that's right, it's the same 6 people that still haven't gotten back to me!!! :smash:

habsrock93 (last seen online YESTERDAY - did you forget about this?)
jerishi (last seen online 12/19/2007!!!)
mojopin (last seen online 11/30/2007!!!)
Sky123 (last seen online 10/19/2007!!!)
eparson (last seen online 03/03/2008 - did you forget about this?)
Roy C. (C'mon Roy, read the forum!)

Each of you has one more week to contact me. If you haven't by next Friday your drivers will be up for grabs, and 3 people are currently on the waiting list - RonD2, ejfud, MikeR.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2005
Roy got in touch with me so the list is down to 5.

habsrock93 (last seen online 3/6/2008)
jerishi (last seen online 12/19/2007)
mojopin (last seen online 11/30/2007)
Sky123 (last seen online 10/19/2007)
eparson (last seen online TODAY)

Like I said earlier, the deadline to get in touch with me is tomorrow. I've got the flu so don't worry if I don't reply to you right away, I'm probably in bed. Just be sure to send me an email.

I think I was near the top of the list and already paid for and received the drivers from Brian (thanks again!).

While I was waiting, I did email Jordan USA and it was clear to me that they would offer a significant discount if I bought directly from them. If Brian has run out, I would definitely give Jordan a try.

Good luck!

Ron

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.