Jugs MK II

It was time to upgrade the TPA3116 to TPA 3255. Same as the Silver Dragons but with an older Quint PSU (13A Boost). Didn't split out the EQ and no squirrels to fight. Tried connecting the rails soldered directly to the storage caps but it ran hot. Adding the power to the proper power terminals normalized (total 12 gauge) It's cooking ~ 4W total/idle @48V. Runs pretty hot idle at @52V Noise floor -100dB+ pure silver ground and speaker wires. All Neutrik connectors. XLR3/Speakon/Powercon Three PCB UPC1237 power on delay, 3e-Audio Amp, Xkitz 2way cross. Star ground, off of chassis ground screw. AC/signal/PSU Neg
HP Green LED Pilot and seven LEDs Red/Orange/Yellow/Green/Teal/Blue/Pink just for fun.

The case is a Metis Plus and I wrap the insides with stainless steel mesh to reduce the holes and replace the OEM lid screen and window.

These are to power two Purifi above.

Hope you are all well.

Electrovert

Attachments

• 13A 1.jpg
    13A 1.jpg
    294.5 KB · Views: 34
  • 13A 2.jpg
    13A 2.jpg
    344.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 48V 10A Quint.jpg
    48V 10A Quint.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 33
  • 7LEDs.jpg
    7LEDs.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 32
I didn't say anything about the Jugs MK II MTTM. Near field if you have to share the sweet spot you're better off with a two way. But if you have an untreated large room they make a great impression. I was able to run them to shut down but only after pushing crazy levels. High levels of stand up bass may have found some resonance (I have to go back and test some more). Lots of fun to run loud with no pain.

Looking at Purifi's new aluminum offering, doesn't scream upgrade. The FFT are better no doubt, but would you hear it? If you don't have hi humidity then treated paper cones should last a long time.

Last build in this series will be two Phoenix Contact 24V/20A connected in series, with two 3eAudio TPA3255. All stuffed into a Metis Plus case. So 4x 250W. I was going to go with bridged inputs per Amp PCB but still on the fence if I should put in the xkitz LR24 crossovers. A phunky thing would be to put in a three way cross and loop out the hi/mid for other Amp/using this as a sub build. I spurged and ordered a green case
1668265418383.png