John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, but not similar enough.
Toshiba TO92 jfets were customarily marked by paint based pad printing with 3 different sized font, largest for type, smaller for grade and smallest for manufacturing code which can clearly be seen on the Ampslab's J103. The J74 marking shown previously looks like marked with laser with all 3 marking the same font size, a fake in my opinion.

I sorta maybe see what you mean .........

Attachments

• 2018-01-13-100709.jpg
    2018-01-13-100709.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 255
The J74 marking shown previously looks like marked with laser with all 3 marking the same font size, a fake in my opinion.

No the laser branding appears on real parts (it can't be removed easily). I have fake parts where laser branding was faked by hand with Chinese chop carving tools. Many here might not realize that there are many folks well trained in miniature carving in China. The minute inconsistencies in the characters are obvious under a microscope.

I wish folks would stop crying fake on small signal FET's without measuring the basic three terminal characteristics.

Paper used to be made from rags. The cheapest rags came from Egypt. Yes old mummy wrappings. These had been soaked in creosote (tar-ish) to preserve them. When these rags were used the resulting paper was brown and not suitable for writing or printing. So it got used for wrapping paper. This started around the 1850's. Later at the end if the century cholera broke out in several pandemics. Some blamed this on the mummy paper so it stopped being used and brown wood pulp paper replaced it.

This story has as much creditibilty as many of the internet posts and the audio theories bandied about on these threads. But certainly has it's adherents.

Which version? Papyrus, vellum, rag, wood or one of the other variants? I think you are refering to the screen method of paper making that replaced the ground rock.

Papyrus is not considered true paper. The first Chinese paper used even worn out fishing nets as well as any recycled fabric. and bark. You do know rice paper has nothing to do with rice?

Status
Not open for further replies.