John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disabled Account
Joined 2012
Why rock bottomer from symmetric topologies, and why zero or small amount of fb? :)

Why rock bottom? because the right topology does that without any effort. And fb will only be needed for stability of operation variables and other issues... there are other parameters beside distortion. But a good compl-sym topology makes it easy to get low distortion thus a good starting point.

What is the best OPS topology for low OPS distortion...... besides biasing ......?

-RM

Last edited:
The beat goes on.

Right. As well as mantras. :D

Why rock bottom? because the right topology does that without any effort. And fb will only be needed for stability of operation variables and other issues... there are other parameters beside distortion. But a good compl-sym topology makes it easy to get low distortion thus a good starting point.

Oh, you want simple?

Attachments

• cheap amp.jpg
    cheap amp.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 208
I used this cheap design first in 1969, and ran a K-horn with it for years. I used it in Class A mode, but it works better and faster than one would expect just glancing at the schematic. I did not design the topology, I am pretty sure that Bob Widlar did it first. I found it in an app. note, using a uA741, I am pretty sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.