John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
diyAudio Member RIP
Joined 2005
I am quite content we havent met them.
Recommended sci-fi story: Don A. Stuart (John W. Campbell), Forgetfulness.

A quote:

"Once"--Ron Thule's voice was tense--"the city builders made atomic generators to release the energy bound in that violent twist of space called an atom. He made the sorgan to distribute its power to his clumsy shells of metal and crystal--the caves that protected him from the wild things of space.

"Seun has forgotten the atom; he thinks in terms of space. The powers of space are at his direct command. He created the crystal that brought us here from the energy of space, because it made easy a task his mind alone could have done. It was no more needful than is an adding machine. His people have no ships; they are anywhere in space they will without such things. Seun is not a decadent son of the city builders. His people never forgot the dream that built the city. But it was a dream of childhood, and his people were children then. Like a child with his broomstick horse, the mind alone was not enough for thought; the city builders, just as ourselves, needed something of a solid metal and crystal, to make their dreams tangible."

Last edited:
a very unusual culture for sure.

One does not need to enjoy drug dealers*, to monitor/study them for years, at probing distance.
As it so happens, I have an active interest over the last half decade in the who/what on Curaçao, as an update.
Small island with a population of only 150k, but very close to Colombia and lots of dope.
I like to know the place I spend a lot of time, the neighbor, and the next-door neighbor, call me stupid.

An old saying on the island is that if someone breaks wind on West-Point, it can be heard on East-Point 15 minutes later.
What an unusual culture, the wind there is always due West.

Maybe a reason for some to trade with Japan for a few centuries, while all other West-bound didn't.
A matter of eyeballing, not preference.
Examination without eyeballing implementation, is ignorance.

(most of the names/faces that appear familiar to me, didn't make it in the long run. a couple were very shortlived, some even may say by the whisper of the right words in the right ear. ah, the encredulous/immoral stories I wouldn't tell, who cares about aliens)

Last edited:
You are right, Lucky. Now if only everybody else could be equally open minded. '-)

Just so we're on the same page:

It appears that Luckythedog was saying that he thought you learned that the LED noise you've been promoting as problematic was inconsequential.

Learning does not require an "open mind". It requires a mind willing to learn. *Big* difference among audiophiles.

ok, I placed two T1 green LEDs in the black tube face to face, one lens touches another. I set 5mA dc current through each LED. Then I added ac current 5mA pk from AP Sys2 to one LED - transmitter (100% modulation). Here are ac measurements on receiver LED pins
1kHz - 1.8uV
5kHz - 4.4uV
10kHz - 7uV
20kHz - 10uV
Clearly the level becomes higher with frequency, so to check if this is capacitive coupling with transmitter LED I made current through receiver equal to 0. On receiver LED pins I got
1kHz - 1.8uV
5kHz - 4.4uV
10kHz - 7uV
20kHz - 10uV
Both LEDs were powered from galvanically isolated power supplies.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.