John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi snup,
Please try and be more serious when making a reply in a thread. Most of your comments don't contribute or further advance the conversation taking place. Even worse, many comments don't even make sense.

Be fair to everyone and put some thought into your replies.

-Chris

Hi snup,
Please try and be more serious when making a reply in a thread. Most of your comments don't contribute or further advance the conversation taking place. Even worse, many comments don't even make sense.

Be fair to everyone and put some thought into your replies.

-Chris

Hey snup,

Before this gets unpleasant,

I noticed a 'spray' of posts from you in a couple of threads and I fully agree with anatech but am trying to give it more nuance.

At DIYaudio we try to keep our threads toight

toight.jpg

and sweet
or else threads read

w a y

t . . o . . . o

l

o

n

g

and the technical conversation is lost.

It almost seems like you're txting (lots of short, quick messages) one of your friends ... that's cool but that makes for a hard-to-follow thread which isn't what we want on do-it-yourself-audio-dot-com.

Think more of giving little speeches

[instead of a blah-blah-blah to a friend]

but rather to a pegged audioence

[ r.png ]. (Oh-ya! :cool:)

Like your contributions, tib-bits and jokes; just mix 5 of them into one post. ;)

Cheers,
Jeff

Last edited:
There truly is a balance needed between the stiffness and damping properties of any cone and this is truly why paper composite cones are still the preferred material for the vast majority of cone drivers. All the attempts I have personally experienced of extremely rigid cone construction have been failures at wide-band reproduction.
I experienced exactly the same.

Yes.
I have had a look at those, but I think it would be risky taking one apart, without damaging the cone. Im not sure how and with what the surround i glued. Some of them have rubber insert in the cone. I will feel much more comfortable, messing with a paper cone. It's only to make a conceptual working model. It doen't have to sound any good initially.

I just picked one of the Accuton drivers C25-013 just to look at. Two things I notices were that they were using ferro fluids and a problem with the impedance curve. Is the ferro fluid helping to smooth out what is happening above the lower peak impedance value and how long before the fluid starts to thicken and start to cause problems? I am often curious how many devices that claim to be a ceramic material are nothing but an anodized aluminum material?

anatech & audiolapdance
this is the way I write.Off my head.
I don't prepare a technical paper for a week and then post a seriously flawed technical knowitall piece of timewasting technobabble, with half the punctuation moved one place the wrong way.
short and to then point, often. when I do write a post longer than a sentence, its usually to explain why something that on the surface looks like crapparooney really isn,t. I'm serious in anything i do or I don't do it. This is still a loungethread, as far as I know. But with some seriously intelligent and boringly dry and uninterresting experts.
Lumping several posts together in one, might be easier for people to read, but many posters doesn't make my reading easyly digestive.
so I post the posts I post

Status
Not open for further replies.