John Curl's Blowtorch preamplifier part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined 2004
Paid Member
All High End companies started small. This one has the financial resources to explore pushing the envelope. All of the work is being done in the US (California actually). The ownership is Australian. You could call it direct foreign investment into a 3rd world country (the US).

All High End companies started small. This one has the financial resources to explore pushing the envelope. All of the work is being done in the US (California actually). The ownership is Australian. You could call it direct foreign investment into a 3rd world country (the US).

Hello Damien

Good Luck with your efforts.

Looking at the products its hard to get a picture as to where the envelop is being pushed , can you say anything or would it be too premature.

Arthur

i got resistors from Simon and they look very familiar to me. Quite big though.
I will listen, not measure if that is ok. I will use the latest version of my High Z MPP plus the Inductive RIAA. I have the resistors on Eichmann plugs so swapping is easy.
I will also get some Texas Components Naked Z Foils with the same values so a lot of work is before me. Sofar i got the best sound with 300 Ohm old military wirewound Dales. They sounded even better then the 1Kohm Naked Z Foil i have. The Z Foil where more detailed but the Dale had a more fleshed out sound i liked better.
They where not the same value though, so i will do that experiment again with the same values but different types.

Well, I guess we should try to go forward. I am glad that several of you have learned more about resistors than you previously thought measurable or possible. Why it should matter is something that we can only guess at. I hope that we can find something else to discuss that will not create too much concern or confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.