JLH amp pcb

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Greetings everyone...

I'm keen on building a pair of (updated) JLH amps to drive the tweeters in my bi-amped system. I've devised a pcb for them, and i'm currently seeking validation and maybe some tips for improving the layout.

The schematic can be found at this site .

I'm attaching the current layout here.

Attachments

• jlh.gif
    jlh.gif
    54.1 KB · Views: 722
Khron said:
Greetings everyone...

I'm keen on building a pair of (updated) JLH amps to drive the tweeters in my bi-amped system. I've devised a pcb for them, and i'm currently seeking validation and maybe some tips for improving the layout.

The schematic can be found at this site .

I'm attaching the current layout here.

Personally, I would move the caps to the other side of the power transistors so that the feedback path is much shorter.

Kind regards
Nico

Now your tweeter amp is class A - which is good. Its phase response is good. I would drop the output to say 5 watt which is more than enough (supply about 15V).

My opinion is that it is not necessary for the extra expense using a center tap transformer here simply because your output cap for the tweeter is relatively small (<10uF/25V).

Furthermore, the PCB has shrunk even more and you may be able to fit it into the small box with "smaller" heat sink:)

Well.. Frankly, i was thinking of powering them from the same PSU as the woofer amps, and with a high-current regulator (LM317/337 with some solid pass transistors), with +/-20V or something like that.

It's all more or less in the project phase, unfortunately. I've been really busy this year, and didn't spend much time at home, so i couldn't get as much work done as i would've wanted.

I am most grateful for your input, Mr. Ras :worship:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.