jl e6450 repair

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I had prism sound dscope home from work for a night the other week. Had to take it to the other office. God, what I'd do to have one... Anyway.

Hooked up all my amps and found this guy still isn't right. Ch1-3 perform well, mid gain 2dbu in 7out wirh comparable thd. Ch 4 is at 15v, ch5 at 10v and ch6 at 14v.

Gain min and 8dbu in, ch1-3 are 8dbu out. 4 is at 21 ch5 is at 18 and 6 is at 21.

Don't really recal fft differences, but kinda moot atm since gain is screwy.

Pots? Bias v?

I set them all by hand again after fixing it to a similar level, thought it was 6 or 7 mv. That said, I don't have a real understanding of what that affects at this point..

Thx

Gonna buy a handful of these then drill the chassis pin ends out and hope i can couple them together without anything else.. After taking apart the pot from the pcb I'm pretty optimistic.. pots we use at work are center pin driven on dual ganged pots, these are coupled with plastic on the wiper assemblies.

Spacing etc is correct..

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...=sGAEpiMZZMtC25l1F4XBU1xwXnrUt/uol5Bg6gBTgqM=

Okie dokie.. got that fixed.

In the process of getting a better test bench setup... Got a linear 30v 5a supply and plan to diy a server psu to give me 12v @ high current shortly to test amps under load (using arrays of large resistors).

Anyway... hooked this guy up to test and the pots have my levels spot on; but i noticed current climbs on the amp. Starts around 2A and slowly climbs to over 3A at 14v. Didn't let it sit more than 20min but assuming it would have kept going. Audio seems fine, but in no rush to hammer on it yet...

Thoughts?

thx

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.