jl e6450 repair

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Read the previous posts on this one.

Bought a blown Jl 6 channel to fix up myself.

Found the power transistors were all zorched and their gate resistors were too. After ohming all other 3 pin parts out (none suspicious), I replaced the irfz44n's with irf3205pbf's and the 47ohm 1206 resistors with 49ohm 1206's (that's what i had).

Amp goes into high draw 6A+ and sucks supply down to 8v. I've tried a few times with increased max current hoping it was inrush, but I don't think so.

2-3 of the power transistors get warm. I remember on the hifonics bxi2006d that i repaired, the small transistors that supply switching to the coils were shorted, 15-20ohms. Not so this time.

I cant find a service manual for this guy, so I'm comparing to jbl px300.4/infinity ra6006. Gotta be more or less the same power circuit..

Any thoughts? Am I ok with the irf3205's?

Thanks,
Ben

The one that was shorted didn't even go to the two mosfets that got hot.. it was the other pnp next to it causing that. Doing diode drops in circuit, it was open (i forget which pins) when i compared to the one i replaced..

She fires up. Current climbed steadily from 1.5A after 20 sec or so.. all the way to 4A.

Found q416 and q415 are hot, i'll check bias...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.