JL 250/1v2 factory defect

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Picking this amp back up.

Just to refresh my memory I powered it up with the rectifier removed, and the main power supply wakes up with no remote lead attached and the standby supply still isn’t making any voltage even with the remote wire on.

So I’m in need of some guidance with the remote circuit I believe.

Took some more readings.

Looks to me like opamp #1 on the 324 controls the main supply, and #4 controls the standby circuits.

When I turn on my bench supply (remote not applied), pin 13 which is opamp #4’s inverting input, is getting around 2.5v on it causing it to tell the standby transistor Q203 to turn on. Pin 13 doesn’t budge no matter what the remote terminal is doing.

If I connect the remote wire, pin 2 on the 324 goes from .6v to around 5v and turns on the main supply transistor Q200. Here’s the funny thing though- Q200 stays on when the remote is removed. Even though opamp pin 2 is following what the remote is doing (rising and falling with application and removal of the remote), it stays latched in an on state no matter what I do. Pin 1 on the 324 is staying low as well.

Am I dealing with a shorted #4 opamp here, causing the standby supply to be permanently on?

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.