JFET input, MOSFET VAS, LATERAL output = Perfect!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Stanley,

Firstly, yes the 9610 will vastly improve things. But something still isn't right.

Your rise times aren't too bad, meaning the fet is turning on ok. It's the turning off which is the problem. Not sure whether this is an input stage issue or vas ccs issue, but I would try lowering the resistor that feeds the ccs to 2k to make sure you get enough base current to run the ccs. Really, the value you have should work, I'm just guessing :)

P.S thanks for taking the time to build this thing! We need more feedback.

Last edited:
Thanks....better stick to the Fet then :)

I do of course encourage you to try. I only had the bd140 at hand, not exactly a highly regarded transistor, but my gut feeling is that the extra OLG provided by the MOSFET vas is needed when using a relatively low gain device at the input.

However, the bjt vas and MOSFET input were brilliant.

Hopefully soon we will have some impressions from other builders.

Yes, but if it were all about simulated distortion figures we wouldn't be persisting with a jfet front end, which simulates worse than both the MOSFET and BJT versions...

That said, I thought both the BJT and MOSFET inputs sounded very good, if not better in some ways.

Miib, why not build it and try both?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.