Jfet BOZ

Joined 2000
Paid Member
...what is the schematic you are trying to build (post number, link....)

This thread, first page, second post by Mr Pass.

Originally, 35v was suggested, later 16v was found to be optimum.
I used a LM317 and used an online calculator to find the values for +16v, but in practice, the voltage came out to 14.35v with a 20v torodial and bridge.
Fine, I would change that later, assuming +14v was enough to run the circuit for now.

BTW- I do have some 2SJ74 on hand, if the opposite was required.

Last edited:
I have made a sweet spot search on one of these small things and found it around 16.3V for both channels using Nelson's first schematic.

I has no problem swinging 1V rms, which is the needs in its current application.

If you need more swing at approximately the same supply voltage you must change the drain resistor with a CCS.

I am using the circuit nelson posted on the first page with a modified BOZ PSU circuit. It uses the IRF610 regulator and zeners to put out 18V - 4V(regulator) = 14V. The amp is exactly as posted on page 1. It uses just positive voltage - I am using a 19V dell laptop supply to the zeners (9V x 2)

Sounds excellent with the F5.

Last edited:
I has no problem swinging 1V rms, which is the needs in its current application...
If 1Vrms suits your needs - fine :up:
Driving an F5 to full power takes more than 2.5V rms...

If you need more swing at approximately the same supply voltage you must change the drain resistor with a CCS.
That might help but you'd have to find a way to restrain the gain - someone used Drain-to-Gate NFB and reported fine results.

Many time I saw 25K trimmer pot in the input. Is it for volume pot??
What could be the best value for a potenciometer?
here is a picture.
What is that trimmer pot for???

Grets:
Tyimo

Attachments

• 36ea62a7.jpg
    36ea62a7.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 1,008