Issues with Emu tracker and THD measurements

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
He, he nice performance manual.

Attachments

• emu.jpg
    emu.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 632
Nice article.
As you guys know I have been using the EMU Tracker with SpectraPlus.

Unfortunately as far as numbers are concerned the problem with this system is basically the high frequency noise at the output of the generator.
Also, the problem is that the measuraments are level and frequency dependant, meaning, you won't get the same results if the output of your DUT and/or the output of the soundcard that feeds the input of the DUT will change in amplitude and/or frequency.

Not to talk about the distortion above 7-8KHz and the higher the worse.

My self, I have decided to switch to a more professional distortion measurement system and bought a nice working SoundTechnology 1710A and external generator 1410A because I was going nuts trying to make reliable measurements.

I will probably keep using the soundcard as spectrum analyzer as I think it is preatty reliable, thusu running a FFT of the Distortion.

Hi,

I am also planning to purchase a sound card for measurement purpose. The sound card in my mind is ESI's Juli@ which is available around 8,000/- Rs (INR).

Bob: Could you please post noise floor and some loopback tests of your Juli@ using ARTA.

I want to be sure before investing because 8000/- Rs is a huge amount for me.

Regards,
Sameer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.