ISODA Speaker HB-55 HB55 Single Wire Cable - what other Option ?

The cable from the attached images are already since a long time no longer available from currently manufacturing.
Sound quality very good in all respects.
What alternatives should one shortlist?

And a second question:
In what way is it best to make the connection to the plug
From my view image II seems to be a good approach but image VII not.

Thank you very much for advices.

P.S.: Here a description concerning ISODA cable (Audiophile n°36):
http://6bm8.lab.free.fr/Documentations/Revues/Audiophile/1977-1988/36/PARLE/PARLE.html

Attachments

• ISODA HB-55-I.jpg
    ISODA HB-55-I.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 267
  • ISODA HB-55-II.jpg
    ISODA HB-55-II.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 263
  • ISODA HB-55-III.jpg
    ISODA HB-55-III.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 264
  • ISODA HB-55-IV.jpg
    ISODA HB-55-IV.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 255
  • ISODA HB-55-V.jpg
    ISODA HB-55-V.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 274
  • ISODA HB-55-VI.jpg
    ISODA HB-55-VI.jpg
    415.3 KB · Views: 237
  • ISODA HB-55-VII.jpg
    ISODA HB-55-VII.jpg
    315.6 KB · Views: 226
  • ISODA HB-55-VIII.jpg
    ISODA HB-55-VIII.jpg
    213.6 KB · Views: 266
  • ISODA HB-55 datasheet cover.jpg
    ISODA HB-55 datasheet cover.jpg
    339.9 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
2x3 meters and 2x5 meters, 4-8Ω, 2x60W.

But actually I don't understand the meaning of this question because I need a general statement and no statement for a precisely specified parameter for a specific amplifier and specific speakers for a specific distance !!!

General statement: choose the wire size so the total (there and back) resistance is less than 3% of the speaker impedance and can handle the maximum current without overheating. That will preserve a good damping factor.

Don't be fooled by expensive brands, cheapest will behave just fine.

For 5m runs at 4 ohms 1.5mm^2 copper will be fine, that has about 12 milliohms per metre. 60W will not risk overheating .

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Hello,
Pano will also know that these were considered very special in the past. AND i think they are still very special. There is however one thing that takes special care. There is aluminium used as well that needs to be presoldered with aluminium solder otherwise normal solder will not function. Probably if you just crimp it the aluminium wire will break. I remember the French la maison de l'audiophile sold alusol to use with Isoda. I still might have some but presently i am in Vietnam. Maybe at present day there is ordinairy solder available that will work with aluminium too. Greetings, Eduard

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Hello,
We will wait for Pano or the original poster to react.
I remember reading the French articles in l'audiophile magazine about the Isoda.. This was when the cable war was non existent. The Isoda cables were not that expensive if you needed limited lenghts and i found them looking cool compared to the garden hose monster cables.
At that time there were just very few users in my country. I was also triggered to buy them because they were used by the same people that also used more gear that i liked.
Greetings, Eduard

Very special indeed!

I have some interconnects (RCA) I still use: preamp to active x-over, and x-over to mid+hi power amp. In the remaining places, I use a mix of SEAC and Van Den Hul to tone down the Isoda a little; a Japanese gentleman, I think he was with Accuphase, once told me a system wired with Isoda only would be way too bright.

I also have some Isoda speaker wires, but I prefer the Kimber 4TC.

As mentioned before, the mix of metal, especially the aluminum, creates contact problem because over time, oxidation is bound to develop. I too would like to hear about AL soldering tricks.

Very special indeed!

I have some interconnects (RCA) I still use: preamp to active x-over, and x-over to mid+hi power amp. In the remaining places, I use a mix of SEAC and Van Den Hul to tone down the Isoda a little; a Japanese gentleman, I think he was with Accuphase, once told me a system wired with Isoda only would be way too bright.

I also have some Isoda speaker wires, but I prefer the Kimber 4TC.

As mentioned before, the mix of metal, especially the aluminum, creates contact problem because over time, oxidation is bound to develop. I too would like to hear about AL soldering tricks.
I start this thread in this manner:
https://www.diyaudio.com/community/...5-all-single-wire-best-way-to-connect.388443/