Is this normal? QSC Fan Noise?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there - I just got a (new) QSC K10.2 and like the sound - BUT when I stop playing (just in my home studio with keys), it sounds like a truck idling. I attached a recording. I made it by recording with my iphone next to the speaker. Is this normal? I can't hear it when I am playing but once I stop the sound continues for awhile. I don't want to mess with an RMA only to find out this is just normal PA fan noise. I have not had a speaker with a fan in it before.

Attachments

• Fan noise.mp4
    313 KB
That first one was after it had settled down for a few minutes...normally it is like this one. It's tricky to know relative volume when someone records something, but I can hear it from my desk, its many times louder than the desktop computer I am sitting next to now. Would you keep it if you just bought a brand new PA that did this? I guess I just don't want to soak the place I bought it from with 2 more shipping charges frivolously, these can't be cheap to ship.

Attachments

• Fan noise-2.mp4
    313 KB
That first one was after it had settled down for a few minutes...normally it is like this one. It's tricky to know relative volume when someone records something, but I can hear it from my desk, its many times louder than the desktop computer I am sitting next to now. Would you keep it if you just bought a brand new PA that did this?
That´s TERRIBLE.

Leaving relative loudness aside, which we can´t judge on this side of the Net, the sound quality is scratchy grinding, like sand or the bearings , absolutely unacceptable.

I expect *wind* blowing sound, no motor noise at all, even less that falling apart grime caked axle one.

Replace that defective fan NOW, it will stall and let your amp cook and burn.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.