Is this a real TDA1541A?

Hi
Ive been having a clear out and I saw this thread. I have two TDA1541A S1s which I had for over 15 years. I used them when I was modifying Phillips/Marant players and so they have some solder on the pins. I was thinking of offering them on ebay but because of all the fakes I didnt want to be "tarred by the same brush". So I wonder if anyone here would want to buy them ? I dont know what to ask for them but I would take into account the fact that they havent been used for a long time. So make me an offer if you are interested and pm me.

The numbers are TDA1541A S1 11138 HSH8905 2 . The 4's and A's are curly.

I dont know how to add photos to a post so If someone can point me to a wiki which tells me how to do it I will put up a photo if there is interest. Other than that I can send a photo to an email address.

Philips-TDA1541-prototype-001.jpg

Philips TDA1541 prototype ;)

Philips TDA1541A d/a converter - DutchAudioClassics.nl

Hello everyone.
Is there somebody that can help me and can tell something about the 1541 showed in the photo ?
Is it real S1 or fake?

Thank you all for the help!

I can't see anything on that chip which immediately marks it as a fake. The typeface is correct and the production codes seem legitimate (although I have to admit I haven't seen a HBH prefix chip in the flesh myself).

There's lots of useful information about the TDA1541 and good quality photos here: Philips TDA1541A d/a converter - DutchAudioClassics.nl

I've owned well over 20 genuine TDA1541 chips of various kinds myself and I can tell you that they all sound great whether they are 'A' non 'A' R1 or S1. The circuit implementation makes much more difference than which particular version of the chip you have so if it works and sounds good stop worrying about it. :)