irs2092 schematic confirmation

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i dont really, though i could take some pictures eventually
i have everything i need at my work, solder station, oscillo, will borrow em
just ordered gate buffer too, will get em maybe today, i love digikey fast shipping ^^

for the board im going to put everything but the irs2092, after im sure all the supply is ok im gonna put it and then try it on resistive load (100ohm) to look if its all okay.

tonight i'll check the pcb again for the last time before ordering, then i'll juste have to wait ! hope i get all the stuff before school begin.. hope 1.5month is enought for china shipping lol

i have all the discrete components (smt 0805), ICs, FETs, hf ferrite for output filter, connectors. cant wait to have the boards now ^^ right in time to be able to borrow the oscilloscope at my work ! ^^ cause im leaving job for school in september,
as soon as i have something done gonna put picture here!

sooo, the pcb is now complete and i have some trouble.. the resistance to charge the high side capacitor on start-up is giving too much current and Vb-Vs was 15V (because of the zener), the irs2092 was at that point heating a lot, i looked at output, was going from -30 to -20V and staied there; the current of ±VB was 1A at that point(with no load); i shut it off, when i put the current back after putting the res out, i saw that CSD was at off mode, waving, so i shorted the OCS to see what happen cause i didnt arranged current sensing(was with an infinite load anwyay), the ic was not heating but the protection diode from -VB to Vss was conducting, and i have -30V at Vss And Vaa after 2sec, (not instantly) i'm almost certain i blown up the irs2092, but what would be the cause ? the protection zener are still ok tho.. i dont really understand

also, i tried without Vss and Vaa. and CSD is going to Vth1 with a period of 3-4sec, and at the same time i have Vss and Vaa going to -30V, tho Vaa is bouncing from -30 to -5V and stais there.... really strange,

edit: the only thing that is different is the start-up capacitor resistance from VB to Vb, the gate buffe and mosFet

Last edited:
i did, it was all ok.. every tensino was at the right place, i put the ir2092 in last,i think its really the cap start-up charger res.. ( R18 ) but even if its that, i had the zener to protext the chip! so i dont really understand

dit: now the ic seems to wanna start, but i still have Vaa = -5V ...

Last edited:
i did, it was all ok.. every tensino was at the right place, i put the ir2092 in last,i think its really the cap start-up charger res.. ( R18 ) but even if its that, i had the zener to protext the chip! so i dont really understand

The 2092 will keep resetting so long as the power supply voltages are wrong or there is a short on the output.
You need to start checking basics like VAA and VSS etc

vaa is not shorted to anything that could possibly gives negative voltage, i suppose its the chip ?
edit: its only the Vaa of the chip that is -5V, i have 5V beFORE Vaa filter

I found the 2092 was very touchy about being plugged in and out with the power supply still charged up. I blew a few up that way.

Do you still get -5 volts with the 2092 out of circuit ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.