Inwall speakers: depth and 3D?

I listened to this Lyngdorf inwall setup this weekend and it was huge, wide and high but some people commented the lack of depth? I liked it!

IMG_9716.jpeg

I another system was Perlisten an wow, it it was nice sounding. Smooth and detailed.

IMG_9720.jpeg

IMG_9723.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
One of the reasons for a lack of depth perception is that the eyes are probably stronger than the ears in our human perception system. We can't un-see that wall. However with eyes closed the depth perception might actually still be there.
Another effect that might be relevant is reflections. We use the effects that reflections have to size-up a room, even without thinking about it.

I have a relatively small room myself that I'm using as my listening place. My speakers are close to the back wall. On top of that, I stole the early reflections from the room with the placement of damping panels at first reflection spots. That did change perception in a big way, it got me improved imaging but I also lost quite a bit of the 'sensation, thrill or energy" the room had brought to the experience.
Eventually I started to use ambience speakers behind my listening spot to 'generate fake reflections' arriving from lateral angles. With eyes closed I can't size-up the room anymore, as those ambience speakers and damping panels hide my real room quite well. They have the further advantage of doubling as surround speakers for movies.

Just some thoughts and ideas that might help you.

Reactions: 8 users
Good point 👍

At my cabin sometime we bring the loudspeaker out and it sounds very good and uncoloured 😊 …… ok, maybe a little green 🤭

IMG_3443.jpeg

I friend suggested a tweak; cable lifters. During the long and bright Norvegian summer night we got more and more lifters 🙄

IMG_3452.jpeg

• Thank You
Reactions: 9 users
What a wonderfull green carpet you have layed out there :)

no fear of floor reflections anymore .. we need such natural carpet tiles for our hobby , sticking with magnets and easy exchange option!

The true barefoot listening sensation - very relaxing over the weekend , feels like having a vacation :)

Reactions: 1 users
Why don't anyone of you listen to your speakers OUTDOORS ???
shame on you lazy tards :)
With a average 140-200 days a year with rain.
Very little daylight or sun for 3 months.
Temperatures between +10 and -10 for 4-5 months.
A well behaved winter day is <- 10 m/S of wind, some 50-100 m/S wind gusts with unknown frequency in winter months.
And of course the joy of snow, ice, slate, hail and any combination.
One can wonder why we don't listen much outside:unsure:

Reactions: 1 user
Reactions: 1 user
Last edited:
With a average 140-200 days a year with rain.
Very little daylight or sun for 3 months.
Temperatures between +10 and -10 for 4-5 months.
A well behaved winter day is <- 10 m/S of wind, some 50-100 m/S wind gusts with unknown frequency in winter months.
And of course the joy of snow, ice, slate, hail and any combination.
One can wonder why we don't listen much outside:unsure:

Hello frosty freezer freak , but many countries have better weather conditions , re-locate yourself in a better sound-friendly earea! ( Yes - EAREA! )

And consider using large dipole speakers , no disturbing backward energy no more! (decoupled baffle front using soft stuff like felt/foam or silicon)

A whole new STEREO experience is waiting for you - don't miss it!

Kill The Cab Sound : Go outside and get the ultimate sound shower!

... back in the days where we had fun all day all nite before rap crap send from hell destroying our happy world :

Different Mix :

Last edited: