Inv Gain Clone with on board PSU

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
at last i did it

After near six month of inactivity on this front i found the time to send eagle file to olimex to have my pcb professionally done.
The first listening impressions are really positive, i have to try it without the .1 Rout and/or zobel network.
In the attached images the end result.

Attachments

• dsc00396.jpg
    dsc00396.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 586
Greg Erskine said:
Thanks anbello for the feedback on Olimex. They look good value for DIYing, especailly during the prototyping stages. Did you increase the thickness of the silkscreen to 10 mil before sending it to Olimex?

Anymore listening tests?

regards

Hi Greg,
for the silkscreen i used the ulp script from olimex on this link:
http://olimex.com/pcb/silk.html
to have it how they require.

New listening tests: double blind with a famous NIGC (LM3886), for me no difference, for my wife (better ears then mine) my amp is a lttle bit more "open" and "airy" (these terms are my bad translation, i don't know if are correct to understand).
Of course these are only our opinions.
I'am waiting for my friend (the guru) with golden ears for a more complete review.

ciao
andrea

anbello said:
Thanks a lot Greg and Russ really nice comments for my first work.
As for Olimex i can say good overall quality for the price. The silkscreen is not so good, especially with one of the two boards as you can see.
Olimex uses real silkscreen but many manufactures have stopped using this method. My supplier uses white photorestist which means that you can "print" really small details.

Nice job, anabello! :nod: up:

Nordic said:
She's supposed to say that... anything else whould be like you saying "those jeans makes your behind look big honey" even if its true...
LOL!!! My wife just wonders how much it cost, asks me why I wasted so much time "messing with something that works fine now," complains that I never built grills for my speakers, and then takes my recliner in the sweet spot of the den since "it sounds better in your chair." :rolleyes:

This is the version i sent to Olimex to obtain what you see in posts 48 and 49. I only added the name of my project and site.
Anyway there are some thing to modify:
- the package of the LM3886 is wrong (in pads positions an drill), i got it on the net i don't remeber where, and i had some problems to fit this component
- the pads diameter for the resistance from the eagle lib rcl.lbr is too small (the drill is ok).

I am working (in the spare time of the spare time of the spare time ...) to get a better layout with better package and then make a kit to offer on my site.

ciao
andrea

Attachments

• invampclone-4.3.zip
    44.2 KB · Views: 110
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.