• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Interest for Final GB for F5X Power Amp

I know that it will be some time before you will receive the case.
So I have discussed with CeeVee to provide a template upfront, so that you can correctly position the MOSFETs on the PCB without the case.
But he has some private issues right now which of course has priority.
So I am willing to provide a drawing for the template, if you all agree to relieve CeeVee of that burden.
You can either drill it yourselves, or ask any front panel shop to do it for you.
Only 8 holes are required, either 3mm through, or tapped M3.
Should be easy enough to DIY if you have the right skills.

You can then proceed to build and test all the modules.
Only final integration is pending the case.

Patrick

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Hi all,

then private issues have had a happy conclusion and i can concentrate on this again.

I will produce the template and send it to all as quickly as i can, my estimate would be to send it out very early Jan 2020 after the festivities.

It will have all mounting holes tapped exactly as the final case so you can use it to build each side with wiring as well.

It will be raw aluminium 3mm thick, that i believe will be adequate and i wont have to wait for weeks for the anodizer and you all can move forward faster as well.

C

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Yes can mount pcbs and PSU caps in a structurally rigid structure exactly like final assembly so its just a question of securing in final case, wiring planning in a quality amp like this deserves attention and that takes time.
Like this you can start as soon as funtional tests have been performed on the output boards.

I'm afraid that the heatsink for functional test i will not supply...only with final case.

Be aware that heatsink for functional test has to be as big as final because at stability point temp will be between 45 and 50 ºC so anything smaller will not do, at least if you want to do a long term stability test.

note: ref are Lisbon ambient temp....not valid for northerners....:D

Last edited:
I mean how to attach the capacitor boards to the heatsink so that the wiring keeps short? But this is not a real problem. I was just curious about the nice plastic mounting pieces I saw in the build thread.
The PCB part is ofcourse clear.

Last edited: