Installing LinearX LEAP 5 on 64-bit Windows 7 / Windows 10

I agree, Chris was a genius and was laughed at but the "experts" then praised by them (can tell story) I currently have a working LMS and LEAP 4.. yes 4 on Windows 11 without a key.... im da man! Have a 5 dongle, not working yet. LMS worked flawlessly when calculating phase even though is was an extra step. I have not yet used REW which measures via impulse but I did notice that VituixCAD seems to use the same feature to clean up phase, sorry dont know the math involved but "tail correction " seems to be necessary. I agree, someone needs to step in and create a new design suite. LEAP was also a passion project with over one million lines of hand written code... WTF! RIP Chris Stram. I believe that LMS could calculate impulse from magnatude but never used it. But as leadcoma said, LEAP is a dinasour, an amazing dinasour but I suppose its time to move on..... very sad.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you very much for this guide.

While I should check out vituixCAD, I learned on LEAP and have all the documentation hard copies, and it's so painful hunting to find something that I know just works on LEAP. Would love to do a head to head comparison though, especially since I do use and love REW...

I've got a PAC-IV with the LMS card that has been collecting dust, so I figure to make it a fair comparison I should use the LMS/LEAP toolchain vs the VirtuixCAD toolchain.

Does anyone have the installation .iso's for Filtershop and LMS?