Infocus PanelBook power supply ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I had a 3m Version of the Infocus and it used a 2V in Powersupply ( so does my Nview Spectra C) i can tell you from testing that less power will work and light up the Panel, but you will have problems (lines in picture and so on) I have had a tough time finding 2V, most have 1.5 and 3.3 Im currently using 1.5 and my panel is working fine (though i have nothing to compare it to). I would recomend going to Radio Shack and and try 1.5 then maybe 3.3 or if you can find a 2.

please take this with a grain of salt, i have not tested on your model, but the 3M one looks exactly the asme as an Infocus except its Black and has 3M's logo.

Clok

panelbook

i vave a panelbook 550 it has 12v and 5v input via a din plug(you could probably adapt a ps/2 mouse cable. this picture is pretty bad, hopefully it tell you what you need. if not, shoot me an email. good luck

Attachments

• dcp_0086 copy.jpg
    dcp_0086 copy.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 880
ps

ther are 5 pins. the jacket is ground as well as the top pin onthe side which has 3 pins. below that are 2 pins which are both -5v. on the other side, -12v 0n top and +12 on bottom. this is what is written in the power supply. it seems a little strange to me. if this doesn't work for you, i'll get out my meter and check manually. it seeme like you could make a plug with an old mouse cable and pull one pin.

Hmm so all the Infocus panels are not the same, i have looked at about 4 now and they all have the standard connector, But I have seen the type you have ( the Proxima's seem to have this type also) Looks like alot of the same panels are tagged with alot of different names. Sorry for the the mislead on the PS, was asuming it was same (glad you caught it, would hate for any harm to come to your panel becuase of me) :)

Clok

well i tryed to make a new power cable but everytime i try to plug it in it blows the breaker in my power supply i have done some testing and found out that it is the bottom pin on the 2 min side aome one had sied that it was a -12v if this is wrong please fill me in on what it is

and what amp is the plug supose to be thanks

Ok thanks.. ebay is crawling with 525 panels. wich i got one , and its a good panel. Good Color, and seems not to have any blur. but alot of the 525's on ebay come with the power supply, wich is compatible with many models. Snagged the board and power/vga cables for 50.00 worth it. I now have 3 working panels.

Re: ps

Hi, I donno if I understand, is it like that ?
Thank you, I really need a reply, I think I can use my PC Power Supply for this

BoazGonen said:
Well, Its actually something like this :

icculus said:
ther are 5 pins. the jacket is ground as well as the top pin onthe side which has 3 pins. below that are 2 pins which are both -5v. on the other side, -12v 0n top and +12 on bottom. this is what is written in the power supply. it seems a little strange to me. if this doesn't work for you, i'll get out my meter and check manually. it seeme like you could make a plug with an old mouse cable and pull one pin.

Attachments

• powersp.jpg
    powersp.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 126
FYI--
I have a panelbook 525 and an InFocus 2600. The power supply for the 2600 works for the 525. Does anyone know how to get the image to fit the 525 properly? My image is stretched out and gets cut off on the top and bottom. I can't seem to work it out (I don't have the manual or remote control). If anyone has a manual that can be copied, I'd be very glad to have a copy.
Thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.